Oops! I did it again

DanielB

1 hour ago, KathyC said:

Just think...it's less you are going to have to cough up at final payment date.  For my budget, I'd rather commit more now, and have a smaller amount due later.  But we almost always book refundable, so that makes a big difference.  We book a lot of group rates. 

How do you book group rates?  

2 hours ago, DanielB said:

How do you book group rates?  

We use a couple different travel agents, depending on which group of friends we're traveling with.  The travel agents have the group rates.   You'll find the large, online cruise agencies have them a lot.  It's not something you can book on your own unless you're booking the 8+ cabins like mentioned above.  When Matt has a Blog group cruise, MEI has group rates for those sailings. 

4 hours ago, DanielB said:

And why is the deposit so high on Royal?  I would probably book a few for the special but the deposit sucks!

I know it's rough on the CC bill the month you book a cruise, but I'm glad it's high enough to keep non-serious cruisers from booking all the cabins and dumping them at the last minute.  

1 hour ago, KathyC said:

We use a couple different travel agents, depending on which group of friends we're traveling with.  The travel agents have the group rates.   You'll find the large, online cruise agencies have them a lot.  It's not something you can book on your own unless you're booking the 8+ cabins like mentioned above.  When Matt has a Blog group cruise, MEI has group rates for those sailings. 

thanks!

Yea its just our cabin usually and this next time my niece.  We did look at the 2020 blog group but really want an Oasis class ship.

Thanks for the info

1 hour ago, StephanieH said:

Group rates and group deposits can be a little less.  If we have a group setup for a date for instance for a 7 night cruise the deposit is $500 in the group no matter how many people are in the cabin (Versus $250 per person if a regular booking).

Thanks Stephanie!  You're the best and enjoy working with you.

Also, if you are working with a travel agent, especially with one of the big ones, they will look for sailings that meet your criteria and have group rate pricing, I have saved hundreds of dollars by moving to a group rate on an existing reservation through my travel agent. One perk to Next Cruise (Onboard bookings) is that deposits are usually less, we just booked on our last cruise and the deposit was $100pp.

7 hours ago, Nick Musial said:

Also, if you are working with a travel agent, especially with one of the big ones, they will look for sailings that meet your criteria and have group rate pricing, I have saved hundreds of dollars by moving to a group rate on an existing reservation through my travel agent. One perk to Next Cruise (Onboard bookings) is that deposits are usually less, we just booked on our last cruise and the deposit was $100pp.

Thanks I will certainly be visiting the NextCruise desk in January.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Deposit high, but the overall price is lightyears below DCL!

Man ain't that the truth! I for fun decided to price out a Disney cruise out of NY when one of the ships comes up here because I have a 6 year old. I almost fainted! I mock booked a regular balcony which is normally what we book on Royal Caribbean but you was about triple the cost. Yes triple! I think an inside cabin was still more than a balcony I usually book on Royal Caribbean. I was blown away.