Explorer | Feb 7-16, 2020 | First Time To ABC Islands!

MO & LO on the go!

Well that was an experience!  We made it to the hotel....thank god!  Getting the luggage and going through customs once we got there was a breeze!  The taxi situation to the hotel was another situation!  People everywhere, drivers not following the directions, and people trying to flag down their own taxis!  Finally got our taxi and made it to the downtown holiday inn.  Room not ready so leaving luggage and going to check the area out for awhile!  

That was the longest experience getting off the ship EVER!  They doubled the number of customs people (Atleast that’s what we heard) which sped things up!

I’ll be sitting down tonight to get caught up  on stuff here....

On 2/7/2020 at 7:50 AM, Sweety said:

Following. I lived in Minneapolis for 18 months. Your dogs are beautiful. I am a coward, I let my husband take the dogs to the kennel. The sad eyes are too much for me. I was on Explorer this past holiday season. The ship is beautiful. Please tell Sharita in the Windjammer hello.

IMG_4390.JPG.e5f32354addb4b10b43b8326645b4564.JPG

She was busy so took it like a paparazzo would...from far away. ? 

Last night we went to Johnny Rockets for the first time ever on a cruise ship!  We got the milkshakes.  I had caramel and Lisa had Oreo.  Apparently they are included on the refreshment and liquor drink packages!!!  This will be dangerous now that we know that!!!  The server even offered us fries for free but we already should not have been eating the milkshakes so we passed...  I would highly recommend getting a milkshake as a treat at night!  SOOOOO good!

IMG_4388.jpg.4b1aecae70bca1a909acda66759bd6bc.jpg

Explorer just left a couple hours ago for a chartered cruise.  It was some Ohio Buckeye cancer benefit event.  While we were waiting for the disaster that was disembarkation, they were posting the stuff for this ALL over the place.  5 night cruise with only 1 stop....and that is Cococay.  After this cruise it goes back to normal cruising.  Sounds like a lot of the cruise staff doesn't really have to do much during this charter, especially the singers and dancers.  They were just hanging out for the next few days I guess.

We are now just hanging out in Miami until Tuesday morning......early morning!  We went and checked out downtown Miami and the Bayside Market area.  Pretty neat area!  Tomorrow we are going to try and get to South Beach and check that out.  We are doing some vlogging while we are here to showcase what we see here, as a side note.

I plan to have a recap down the road when I can put all my thoughts together.  One thing both of us have commented on a lot was all the "firsts" that we experienced on this cruise, which is odd since this was our 10th cruise together!!!  So again, tomorrow is hopefully South Beach!  

Sure is nice not being in the MN cold yet but it sure is nice to go home after the cruise.  There's just something about ending a cruise and going home.  That last night aboard kinda just puts you in that "go home" mode.  We much prefer to extend the trip BEFORE we board and then go straight to airport from the ship.  Maybe that's just us but just feels like it should be that way.  This is the first time we have not gone straight home and it all just feels "weird".  

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2020 at 6:54 PM, Sweety said:

We like to go home after the cruise also. Need to get ready for the next cruise. Is LeeAnn Chin still in business? I need some wings.

They are still in business but LeeAnn Chin sold it years ago and passed away not too long ago.  Depending how long its been since you have been there you might see some "changes".  They started a thing years ago where they weigh your food, which drives me nuts when they scoop food off your plate!!!  Food still tastes delicious though!!!

Sorry I have neglected this blog since getting home.......LIFE!!!

So I mentioned a few posts ago, we had lots of "firsts" on this cruise that we kept noticing and commenting on together.  Here are some of the firsts that we experienced:

-larger waves (we have been lucky i think so far on this)

-me getting sick

-our main waiter in the dining room getting sick and out 5 days

-eating in the windjammer for dinner vs the main dinning room

-vlogging our cruise

-head waiter being SUPER involved in our dinner service (like taking our order)

-booking a non-Royal Caribbean excursion

-cruise director got sick and missed events

-dinning room did not have the usual singing and dancing night, and where they have the presentation

-having Johnny Rockets

-not being in a suite since our honeymoon 23 years ago ? 

-did not go straight from cruise ship to airport and go home

-getting off the ship was not smooth and was a nightmare (did not get off until approximately 1030)

There might be more that I can't remember right now...I will keep thinking of things and add in future posts.  Still want to get my recap of stuff but it might just be recaps as I post other stuff

...And for the record I am STILL sick even after going to the doctor.....UGH!

Here is a video of our vlog of our excursion (Bonaire Land and Sea Adventure) in Bonaire!  We did not get to do too much exploration on the island beyond the excursion because it was ALL day but we saw a lot of the island while on it.  Video shows some of the nicer things of Bonaire!  We barely even did any shopping because of the time constraints and the fact that we were in the sun ALL day.  That wiped us out pretty good.