5 Night Western Caribbean can't decide

MoCro

5 NIGHT WESTERN CARIBBEAN CRUISE: CAN'T CHOOSE, NEED HELP  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Me and a few of my friends are planning a couples cruise on Independence of the Seas... but we can't decide which cruise to go on.

• Fort Lauderdale, Florida | Cruising | George Town, Grand Cayman | Cozumel, Mexico | Cruising | Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    • Fort Lauderdale, Florida | Cruising | Labadee, Haiti | Falmouth, Jamaica | Cruising | Fort Lauderdale, Florida

My and a few of my friends are planning a couples cruise on Independence of the Seas. We can't decide between:

Fort Lauderdale, Florida | Cruising | George Town, Grand Cayman | Cozumel, Mexico | Cruising | Fort Lauderdale, Florida

OR

Fort Lauderdale, Florida | Cruising | Labadee, Haiti | Falmouth, Jamaica | Cruising | Fort Lauderdale, Florida

PLEASE HELP lol

13 hours ago, MoCro said:

My and a few of my friends are planning a couples cruise on Independence of the Seas. We can't decide between:

Fort Lauderdale, Florida | Cruising | George Town, Grand Cayman | Cozumel, Mexico | Cruising | Fort Lauderdale, Florida

OR

Fort Lauderdale, Florida | Cruising | Labadee, Haiti | Falmouth, Jamaica | Cruising | Fort Lauderdale, Florida

PLEASE HELP lol

I recommended the Jamaica itinerary for the opportunity to do interesting excursions.  Cozumel is mostly beach and shopping, unless you take the shuttle to the mainland for Mayan ruins, etc.  That ride is a little bumpy and can produce nausea.  I don't get sick, but it's not my favorite commute.  The advantage of the Cayman Islands would be Stingray City.  I would think either one is fine, so it depends upon your cruise objectives -- why are you taking the trip?

Jamaica gets an overall bad rap as a port overall from a lot of people.  There's not much immediately within the gated port confines to do and you are not encouraged to venture far from the port without being on an official excursion.

My vote is for the Cozumel/Grand Cayman itinerary.  There's a lot to do in Cozumel and Grand Cayman doesn't seem to pop up on itineraries as much..feels "rarer" to me.  I've only been there once though.  Plus I'm not as much of a beach person, so the Labadee stop is just a big beach day and not as appealing to me.

8 hours ago, monctonguy said:

Also....many cruises go to Labadee....but its defn not as common or often to find cruises with the Cayman stop....so I would do it while you have the chance...cruises to Labadee can be found anytime...

That's a great point! Thanks so much.

8 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Jamaica gets an overall bad rap as a port overall from a lot of people.  There's not much immediately within the gated port confines to do and you are not encouraged to venture far from the port without being on an official excursion.

My vote is for the Cozumel/Grand Cayman itinerary.  There's a lot to do in Cozumel and Grand Cayman doesn't seem to pop up on itineraries as much..feels "rarer" to me.  I've only been there once though.  Plus I'm not as much of a beach person, so the Labadee stop is just a big beach day and not as appealing to me.

You're like the second person to mention Grand Cayman being a rare stop. So that will more than likely be what we go with. I am super excited and plan to book with our travel agent in the next few days. 

The beaches in Grand Cayman are beautiful. But in principle, I am not a fan of tendering, and I was not happy with how they rushed us off the ship based on our excursion times, but neglected to tell us that we arrived early, and ended up rushing to get on the tender boats, only to find our excursion didn't adjust, and we were 2 hours early for it. As first time cruisers, we didn't know any better. I would much rather have a docked port. I didn't mind Falmouth, but we planned from the get go just to go to a private beach club. It was lovely.