What's going on with Oasis- first 3 sailings after dry dock?

I am booked on Oasis December 1 (second sailing after drydock) just noticed that the first 3 sailings after drydock are no longer available for booking. Freaking out a little that these sailings will be canceled....trying not to be paranoid but......not working. Any insight?  This is affecting the first 3 sailings after dry dock....I know Matt Hochberg is booked on the November 24th sailing because I've heard him speak of on the podcast.  I will be so sad if my sailing is canceled......

4 minutes ago, tmbasuhre said:

I don't have a good feeling......but if they tell us soon we could get booked on another ship.....

Agreed, I have 3 sailings booked.

Just what I need, more cancelled cruises and more FCC.  

I avoided the first one on Nov. 24 for fear it might cancel.  Cancelling the two after that would be a surprise and messes up my December.  There are a couple of cruises I would have booked but now it's getting late and the flood of people displaced will gobble up all remaining.   

Oh no! The fact of that being the first cruise after dry dock was one of the main reasons why we opted for Adventure over Oasis that weekend even though Oasis was cheaper. I remembered reading about the cancelled Navigator sailing last year after dry dock and didn't want to risk it.

I really hope it works out for you.

30 minutes ago, tmbasuhre said:

if it is going to be canceled I wonder when we will be notified?

I would think within the next week or so they would be making a decision on the 24th cruise. The ship probably needs to start heading this way by the 12th or 13th to be here in time for that cruise. You will have an extra week, but I would think at this point they have an idea if they are 2-3 weeks behind schedule. 

We're on the Dec 8th sailing, and one of our friends had a TA call Royal last night, and they said the sailings are sold out.  I was able to make dinner reservations through my Cruise Planner last night, and another member of our group called and was able to switch reservations with no issues.  I do know that last week there were openings in MTD and when I called yesterday they said it had filled up and we were put on a wait list.  So could be that they just filled.  Maybe a movie is being filmed on board and the crew snapped up anything remaining, that can last a couple weeks...LOL 

2 minutes ago, Jason12 said:

People in our Facebook group for the 8th are getting their gty cabins today and some have got royal bid offers today so looks like it’s all good..

I don't usually join FB groups for sailings, as there is no way to confirm people are actually on the sailing I don't like strangers knowing when I'm not home.  I'm not very trusting, LOL.  There are too many people out there who use social media for bad reasons.

From what others I am sailing with are sharing, looks like it's a fun group.  I may have to join this one time.

1 hour ago, ChrisK2793 said:

I’m booked on the first sailing ....... November 24 for thanksgiving week ..... My 8yo son is going to be so upset if it gets cancelled ?

We're on that one too. Upset isn't the words I'll use for how my wife will feel. ?? She's waited 18 months for this.

3 hours ago, ChrisK2793 said:

What happens if it gets cancelled?  Do they 100% refund your money?  I don’t really want to have almost $7k tied up in a Future Cruise Credit when our next 3 cruises after that are already paid for.

Not that I think it's going to come to it for these sailings but...

If FCC were to be issued you can apply it existing sailings, even if those are paid in full.  In that case you get a credit card refund once the FCC is applied to a sailing that's paid in full.  The only catch is FCC is per person in that person's name.  If the same people are not sailing in the future their FCC has to be used on a cruise they are sailing on.  

Oasis and Odyssey disappeared from the website entirely today for a few minutes.  A brand new search with no filters yielded only 24 ships:

224453050_missingOA.thumb.jpeg.4a30d716cc9aa6e7f67564fb50be1413.jpeg

Then a few minutes later they re-appeared in the list.  Perhaps they are having IT issues again. 

Or we can start a rumor that Oasis and Odyssey have been sold ? 

38 minutes ago, twangster said:

Oasis and Odyssey disappeared from the website entirely today for a few minutes.  A brand new search with no filters yielded only 24 ships:

224453050_missingOA.thumb.jpeg.4a30d716cc9aa6e7f67564fb50be1413.jpeg

Then a few minutes later they re-appeared in the list.  Perhaps they are having IT issues again. 

Or we can start a rumor that Oasis and Odyssey have been sold ? 

Haha!  

I am currently on the Travel agent website.. Oasis is back up and available for the Nov 24 and Dec 1st sailings.. I honestly think they are just having inventory issues due to Royal UP and them putting new staterooms on the ship. Also trying to workout the lifeboat requirements I think sometimes also causes an issue.. 

5 minutes ago, AGSLC5 said:

I am currently on the Travel agent website.. Oasis is back up and available for the Nov 24 and Dec 1st sailings.. I honestly think they are just having inventory issues due to Royal UP and them putting new staterooms on the ship. Also trying to workout the lifeboat requirements I think sometimes also causes an issue.. 

Thank you for checking in your system!  ???

Yep they are all back on the UK site too ?.

Was just having a check and on the 24th sailing you can still get boardwalk balcony cabin for £450 pp ($580) approx - which seems like a good deal to me - and it’s cheaper than both an interior and sea view room.

1E4A1A57-53CE-4415-B554-C09196CC4D85.jpeg