When did you get your Royal Up email

Dimension

59 minutes ago, Momof4crazytocruise said:

After I took matters into my own hands and went to the webpage and looked myself. About 2 days later I got the email invitation. 

I checked online but since I am not within 30 days of my sailing I am unable to currently bid on an upgrade.

I received my Royal Up bid opportunity 9/26/19 for my 11/24/19 7 night sailing on the Harmony. There were 4 separate offers, I am currently booked in an OS. I researched knowing our specific criteria and decided to place a minimal bid on a 2 Bedroom Aqua Suite. We are 23 days out and have not heard back yet, when I receive any response I will update but no communication as of now. I know this is a near sold out sailing so I am not that enthusiastic that our bid will be accepted but the process was neat, so much better then the way DCL handles begging for even eye contact at the "supervisors desk" . I enjoyed the anticipation and research that went along with the process, I will continue to stand by....

15 hours ago, Vlgg said:

Guess ours went to the travel agent we used.  She still hasn't told us that the itinerary changed.  Just is assuming I already know, I guess. First and last time with her.

I wonder if this is what happen with mine since I booked this cruise through a travel agent as well. Just like you this is the last time I am using her and have started booking cruses through Costco instead.

Just now, AshleyDillo said:

As a heads-up, I believe Costco has opted-out of the RoyalUp program so it won't be offered to you for any cruises booked through Costco.

Great, this will be another one that I will have to wait until I am 30 days out to be able to bid on an upgrade.?

16 hours ago, Grenadyr said:

We cruise on Nov 10th, we got our offer and I made a bid on Sept 11th, it was accepted on October 2nd.  Fwiw our minimum bid was $250 to go from a large oceanview balcony to a Jr Suite.  I bid $275 and had no expectation I would get it.  Good luck!

Was this $275 per person or total? We're sailing the Anthem on 11/16 for 7 nights and I bid $275 per person to go from a Balcony to JS and now I'm thinking I may have bid too much. Still says "pending" on the Royal Up login page. 

20 hours ago, Vlgg said:

Guess ours went to the travel agent we used.  She still hasn't told us that the itinerary changed.  Just is assuming I already know, I guess. First and last time with her.

From the TA perspective on this...  We do get copied on SOME of the emails for the RoyalUp program, but not always.  I have been in meetings with Royal about this very topic as we do not always get them.  At Mei-Travel if we get them we contact the clients to let them know, but again we dont always get them.  It is supposed to be tied to your C and A account and emailed to you that way or if you have an email on file for the bookings you would get notified, but from my experience with @Matt bookings - there are times he does not get emails and times I do not get them and I am willing to bet there are some emails that neither of us get.  Tried to fix this many times, but Royal IT is "looking into this".

But I can say 100% that Costco is not allowing those booked with them to participate in the RoyalUp Program.  This happened a couple of months back.

18 minutes ago, AnnetteJackson said:

But I can say 100% that Costco is not allowing those booked with them to participate in the RoyalUp Program.  This happened a couple of months back.

Just curious why would they want to take a benefit away from their clients that does not cost them anything to participate in?

Another reason I am happy I have Stephanie with MEI!

1 minute ago, DanielB said:

Just curious why would they want to take a benefit away from their clients that does not cost them anything to participate in?

Another reason I am happy I have Stephanie with MEI!

HAHA... maybe because they prefer to sell tires and large amounts of food over travel plans ?  Not sure to be honest, but a really odd plan in my opinion.

Thanks for the shout out for MEI and Stephanie

As an FYI, you do not have to receive an email invitation to participate in the Royal Up program. You can go to their website and search for Royal Up or click on this link: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/cruise-room-upgrade . Enter your name and cruise number and it will tell you if you are eligible for an upgrade and list the ones you can bid on. Enter your bid and off you go. Used it today for our cruise in December without the email invite. The cruise we have in January is still too far off to bid on.

I just had a really bad TA.  Missing in action when I got ready to book flights, so did it myself.  Then she had our rooms on 2 different sides of the ship-I wanted 4 in a row.  Booked out 2 years ago.  Had names wrong, wrong parties in wrong rooms-needed 2 of them to be adjoining so kids in one and parents in the adjoining.  It has been a mess.  No benefits at all to using her.  Using MEI the next time.

9 hours ago, CarlaB said:

Was this $275 per person or total? We're sailing the Anthem on 11/16 for 7 nights and I bid $275 per person to go from a Balcony to JS and now I'm thinking I may have bid too much. Still says "pending" on the Royal Up login page. 

$275 per person,and they only charge for the first rwo passengers. So, for three of us to go from a large balcony to JS was $550 total.