Cruise Planner Question

DublinFC

Hello!

I was perusing a past cruise compass and started to wonder if events like liquor tastings, something about liquor around the world, are available to schedule in the Cruise Planner?  Currently I see 4 options in my CP.  I am over 400 days out so I have plenty of time to see what else populates there.  I thought I would ask the community what else I might see become available as our cruise gets closer.

Thank you

I've never seen these things come up in the cruise planner. I've only seen liquor tastings appear on the current day's Cruise Compass while on board.

In 2017, I was able to attend a complimentary scotch tasting in the liquor store on board. You had to be there on time. Once the tasting commenced, the doors were locked and no further attendees were granted access.

When else am I going to be able to taste six varieties of Johnnie Walker at no cost?

20 minutes ago, SPS said:

I've never seen these things come up in the cruise planner. I've only seen liquor tastings appear on the current day's Cruise Compass while on board.

In 2017, I was able to attend a complimentary scotch tasting in the liquor store on board. You had to be there on time. Once the tasting commenced, the doors were locked and no further attendees were granted access.

When else am I going to be able to taste six varieties of Johnnie Walker at no cost?

OK that is good to know.  I would like to attend one or two of these events when/if they are offered.  I agree it would be a great chance to taste a few free offerings to possibly expand my liquor horizons. 

They will sometimes have tastings at bars for a fee.  These aren't things in the cruise planner, but you can book onboard.  They will have signs posted for you to ask about it at the bar to sign up and you will see them advertised in the cruise planner.   You will get a slight discount with the Deluxe drink package, but still have to pay to participate.  I have seen wine, martini, and whiskey tastings advertised before.  These are full pours usually over the thimble samples you will get in the shops.

22 hours ago, Matt said:

Liquor tastings that are free are held at shops and attempts to get people to buy bottles of booze.

That makes sense.  Try it and like it, there product is readily available for purchase.  I do not see a problem with it.  I never have time to make a tasting in my home town area.  I might as well take advantage of the ones offered on vacation, what else do I have going on?