Specialty Restaurant Reservations Onboard?

FManke

9 minutes ago, FManke said:

We've booked the Chops+1 package. We had to make an initial reservation as usual, for the first or second night.

My question is, once on board, has anybody had any issues moving their reservations to later in the cruise, if times were available? 

I have read of mixed results with moving your initial reservation to a day other than 1 or 2.  Some say they have been able to do it and others say they haven't.  I think it just depends on your sailing, how booked up they are and how accommodating the person you ask is, when you get on board.  Good luck !!!

10 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I have read of mixed results with moving your initial reservation to a day other than 1 or 2.  Some say they have been able to do it and others say they haven't.  I think it just depends on your sailing, how booked up they are and how accommodating the person you ask is, when you get on board.  Good luck !!!

Thanks @WAAAYTOOO. We have Chops booked for night 2 and will have to book Giovanni's once we get onboard anyways, so we'll see how it goes. Not a big deal either way. Just curious about how much of a hassle it would be. Maybe we will luck out with a Royal Up bid and leave the hassle to the concierge! ?

24 minutes ago, FManke said:

One more question. Do you have to  go to each specialty restaurant separate or can you make all your changes at any of them?

No, you do not have to go to more than one restaurant to make/cancel/change your reservations.  You can make all of your changes at once at any specialty restaurant OR there will most likely be a specialty restaurant kiosk on the Promenade when you board...and they can take care of all of the reservations as well.

2 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

No, you do not have to go to more than one restaurant to make/cancel/change your reservations.  You can make all of your changes at once at any specialty restaurant OR there will most likely be a specialty restaurant kiosk on the Promenade when you board...and they can take care of all of the reservations as well.

As always, thanks again!

I just want to provide my experience a couple of weeks ago on Harmony of the Seas. We had the 3 night dining package and there was someone in the terminal by the waiting area making reservations. We lined up and made all of the reservations before we boarded. We didn't find out until day 3 that he confused our reservations and never booked Jamie's for us and instead changed the time of Wonderland. We had to go to guest relations and had very few options to make a reservation at Jamie's on the day we wanted.

Moral of the Story: Double check to confirm that your reservations were indeed made by either calling guest relations, checking the app, or calling the restaurants themselves.

4 hours ago, MelKaps said:

I just want to provide my experience a couple of weeks ago on Harmony of the Seas. We had the 3 night dining package and there was someone in the terminal by the waiting area making reservations. We lined up and made all of the reservations before we boarded. We didn't find out until day 3 that he confused our reservations and never booked Jamie's for us and instead changed the time of Wonderland. We had to go to guest relations and had very few options to make a reservation at Jamie's on the day we wanted.

Moral of the Story: Double check to confirm that your reservations were indeed made by either calling guest relations, checking the app, or calling the restaurants themselves.

Also, get a name of who took your reservations. Same happened to us a few years ago. We decided after boarding to do a 3 night package. When going Chops for our first dinner, they didn't have our reservation. But did find our other 2. We told told them who took our reservations and when/where, they got us a table right away.?