Price Drop..Oasis Drink package 02-2020

SassMaster

Just checked my 8-3-20 Independence sailing.  Still stuck at high price of $65.  Visiting two private islands so I suspect that’s why it’s the highest I have seen.  But at that price I won’t be buying.  I’ll be utilizing the diamond happy hour drinks instead of gifting them as I have in the past.   I like the convenience of the package but not at price. 

4 minutes ago, Hutcherl said:

Just checked my 8-3-20 Independence sailing.  Still stuck at high price of $65.  Visiting two private islands so I suspect that’s why it’s the highest I have seen.  But at that price I won’t be buying.  I’ll be utilizing the diamond happy hour drinks instead of gifting them as I have in the past.   I like the convenience of the package but not at price. 

Oh my!  $65!  I wouldn't get it either.  Hope it does go down eventually.  ?

1 minute ago, monctonguy said:

Royal must be drunk to think we would ever cruise and pay that....I cant believe people are paying this.......

Right?! I have a cap in my head of what I'm willing to spend per day...and it may include a few extra $$ for convenience. $82 just seems ridiculous unless you are someone who can hold your liquor for days on end.

we will be on oasis in april and the lowest the package has gone is $57. we bought at that price just in case, but that's the top end of what we are willing to pay. i fully expect it to drop more and we will cancel and re-purchase at that time. how can the prices on the same ship, with a sailing that is just 2 months later be that much more? i'm assuming/hoping it is because of the proximity to the sailing date.

I waited for a Black Friday cruise planner sale last year for this summer’s Harmony sailing and it never changed from $52.  But still purchased at that price as I never sailed without the ultimate beverage package.   So not holding much hope for a Black Friday sale this year so probably will go without a package for the first time.  

The DBP for our Anthem cruise in Feb (2-7-20) has been reduced from $59 PP/PD to $52 PP/PD.  We aren't buying drink packages anymore but I think this is about as low as you're ever going to get it on an 8 night Anthem cruise with 5 sea days.  For that same cruise, the day pass to South Beach has also been reduced from $64.99 PP to $61.99 PP.  I had already purchased it at $64.99 but cancelled and repurchased for $61.99.  Not sure of the value of this as we have the UDP but I want to at least check out South Beach once.

43 minutes ago, Hutcherl said:

I waited for a Black Friday cruise planner sale last year for this summer’s Harmony sailing and it never changed from $52.  But still purchased at that price as I never sailed without the ultimate beverage package.   So not holding much hope for a Black Friday sale this year so probably will go without a package for the first time.  

$52 is still way better than $57...i think the best we have ever gotten was $49 and that was over 5 years ago. i have no idea how they determine the pricing, but it seems completely arbitrary. again in my case, same ship, same number of sea days, same private destination, just two months apart. very odd. we are locked in at $57 no matter what, so i'm just hoping it gets better at some point between now and april.

I know this thread is about drink prices but I thought I would just throw this one out....

Today the cost of upgrading my flight from MIA-DCA to First Class went down over $800 !  Previously, it would have cost over $1100 EACH to upgrade from our coach fare to First Class.  Since I am Platinum Elite I could possibly get us upgraded to FC anyway but I hate counting on that kind of upgrade.  It just usually doesn't happen.  Anyway, I checked today and was able to upgrade our flight for $749 each.  That's still a lot but I figured it wasn't going to go any lower....so I went ahead and upgraded us.  Today I am 40 days from flying home (33 days until the cruise).

Since we are on a S2S on this one, I have a one-way flight from DCA-TPA (where we will be on Brilliance.  I booked this one FC to start with as it was a reasonable price when I booked it) and then a one-way flight from MIA-DCA where I will fly home from Oasis.

We just booked on Adventure of the Seas for the February 29, 2020 sailing and I started looking at drink packages today. The prices are crazy! On a Canadian dollar basis they are asking $81.13 pp per day for a DBP and Voom one device before service charge. In March 2019, we paid $72.05 pp per day. Why have the prices skyrocketed? Does the number of days at sea have something to do with it?

17 hours ago, tzb said:

$52 is still way better than $57...i think the best we have ever gotten was $49 and that was over 5 years ago. i have no idea how they determine the pricing, but it seems completely arbitrary. again in my case, same ship, same number of sea days, same private destination, just two months apart. very odd. we are locked in at $57 no matter what, so i'm just hoping it gets better at some point between now and april.

We were at $55 and $59 for the longest time.  Hopefully yours will drop also the closer you get or maybe you can get some better sales. 

I can see 3 of my cruises in cruise planner and my 6 night Adventure is the lowest for the DBP.  It plays games though...I can tell when a sale is coming as the price goes up to $69.19 CAD (or $52.89 USD), and then a 30% off sale and back down to $63.84 CAD (or $48.801 USD).  The best it's been was labor day weekend when we purchased at $59.85 CAD (or $45.75 USD).  I suspect the price will go up right before Black Friday so that they can put it on sale.

Our highest cost is 4 night Mariner at $91.77 CAD (crazy!) or 70.15 USD.

Having said that, I remember that Navigator price on board was $82 USD.

Its booked...I wont complain at $49/day......

I am watching 2020 cruise prices, but more importantly the drink pricing is now the main concern  now as the price of the drink package will influence which cruises we book....sad it has to come to that...but we WONT be paying $2000 to drink for a week no matter what.....

24 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

Its booked...I wont complain at $49/day......

I am watching 2020 cruise prices, but more importantly the drink pricing is now the main concern  now as the price of the drink package will influence which cruises we book....sad it has to come to that...but we WONT be paying $2000 to drink for a week no matter what.....

It's too bad we can't see cruise planner costs until you have a booking.

3 hours ago, monctonguy said:

Agreed....but seems to be lots of ppl who post about the pricing of various ships drink packages and sales....so trying to keep track of that around the cruises I want to book for 2020.

I have noticed the prices tend to drop within a few months of the sailing, though.  I guess keep watching for onboard price postings and assume you won't find much lower than 30%-40% off that in the cruise planner?

Its all a game....between the cruise sales..and the planner sales..it's a full time job tracking and plotting your Royal vacation...

If anyone out there is booked on Freedom for April 12 or Adventure on Sept 19th...love to know what the drink packages are....ha

I am assuming by NOT booking the biggest and newest ships, it should be a little more reasonable..and avoiding cruises that stop at  the money trap of Cococay

On 10/30/2019 at 8:58 AM, bossdog421 said:

7 day Harmony Jan 2020 sailing has been at $65 with a few dips to $61. Saw it drop to $57 yesterday so i went ahead and grabbed it. I'll keep an eye on the black friday numbers too.

I’d jump on $57 too.  Probably won’t  pay anything more.  Fingers crossed!!