Iglu Cruise

I've used them 2 or 3 times and have had no bad issues but when I pre registered for p&o online they phoned me to try and do a booking and when I said I'd done it online he told me I'd requested a phone call. It took 24hrs to sort out but I was right all along and he didn't know what he was talking about which he admitted. We got the cabin we wanted on the cruise we wanted so everything worked out fine, its also easy to make payments online so no phone calls to bother with. 

The deposit was the same as others wanted as well so really pleased

I have used Panet Criuise in the past (they advertise on the Ideal World shopoing channel and are part of Iglu).  The first couple of times was ok and then they made a mistake with some of our info (names, date of birth etc) - which you think they'd have had from previous bookings and then they got my email address wrong so there were issues.  To be honest I wasn't that impressed and the last couple of cruises I have booked I have done so directly with the company as Planet / Iglu were not offering any extra incentives (OBC etc) to book with them.  Oh and they forgot to add our Crown & Anchor numbers to the booking which was something else to sort out

Edited by Sarah
added to post

Sounds like a TA that has booked using group rates.  Group rates often require a higher deposit and their rate with Royal probably hasn't changed.  I stopped using an agency that did this sort of trick.  Price drops don't flow through since their group price hasn't changed. 

Their profit is the difference between the group rate they pay Royal and what they charge you.   Once when Royal altered a cruise they offered 50% FCC.  It turned out my FCC was more like 25% because Royal only saw the group rate the agency paid and not the amount I was charged.  From Royal's perspective the cost of that cabin was X despite that I paid X+Y to the agency.  When it came time to value the FCC Royal used X, not the X+Y I paid.