When did you find out your GTY assignment?

Cruisincs

I just received mine at 32 days for sailing on Harmony Nov 24th. I was able to see my muster station and deck around 45 days to sail. I read some where to use a bar code scanner app and scan your set sail pass and the last few numbers are your room number. I tried that before I got my assignment and it was accurate, at least for me.

We have two staterooms both GTY, one inside and one Balcony, we got the inside assigned as a Promenade View, like three weeks after reservation, aprox 4 to 5 months before the cruise date, now the balcony was assigned at the exact 30 day mark as a Spacious Ocean View Balcony, our sailing date is this 24 of November. I knew my Muster Station since 90 days prior when did the on-line check in, and the deck number when received the documents 40 days prior.

14 hours ago, mnshortie21 said:

I just received mine at 32 days for sailing on Harmony Nov 24th. I was able to see my muster station and deck around 45 days to sail. I read some where to use a bar code scanner app and scan your set sail pass and the last few numbers are your room number. I tried that before I got my assignment and it was accurate, at least for me.

Well ... this was outstanding information. I scanned our  boarding pass and the last numbers were separated by a dash. Looking up the deck plans, those numbers corresponded to a room number of the room type we reserved as GTY. That was exciting to see where we would probably be staying. We are 62 days out from our New Years cruise. Its getting closer all the time. Its also kind of scary that Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas,  and all that involves, will be behind us in only 62 days. I may have a panic attack.

I did the bar code scan.  I guess i don't have a room yet for the GTY. When I scanned it it came back with my reservation number and then -1-1.   It has my muster as 011, so I'm assuming at some point the room number will be added. I'm 40 days out from my Majesty cruise. I also received the royal up email which I think I might try.

I have the patience of a 7 year old on Christmas morning; but I like the GTY to save a few bucks. I tried the bar code scanner (thanks!!) and it gave me a room that doesn't appear to exist (9625 on Mariner) so I will just need to keep obsessively checking each day, it's NBD since I am already checking for sales on DBP and excursions ?

57 minutes ago, PRebecca said:

I have the patience of a 7 year old on Christmas morning; but I like the GTY to save a few bucks. I tried the bar code scanner (thanks!!) and it gave me a room that doesn't appear to exits (9625 on Mariner) so I will just need to keep obsessively checking each day, it's NBD since I am already checking for sales on DBP and excursions ?

I’m the same way!!! I’m embarrassed to admit I check way more times a day than I should haha....but it’s a cruise, so it’s exciting.

I'm at 26 days for my Grandeur cruise and still no assignment. The barcode trick also just reveals the reservation number and 1-1 for me as well so no luck I guess! It's not like it even matters because it's an interior GTY but I think it's just that knowing the room number will make it all seem more real. I very much agree with @PRebecca saying she feels like a 7 y/o on Christmas! 

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, dr martini said:

To follow up to these questions, does Royal send you an email or any notification on when your room finally gets assigned? 

Or do you keep checking online and one day it just appears?

I got mine about 130 days out, no email I just check the cruise planner daily and it just showed up. . Not just for the room assignment but to check for sales on drink packages and excursions.