Ice Cream Machines Out of Service

We have been on 2 RC cruises in recent years. Enchantment and Rhapsody. Each cruise we found the self serve ice cream machines shut down except for day-time hours and even then it was hit or miss.  It seems reasonable to expect the machines to be functional most, if not all, hours of the day and night. I realize they must be cleaned periodically but to be shut down every evening and all night seems like a disservice to the paying customer. Am I missing some greater explanation here?

16 minutes ago, Firephotog51 said:

We have been on 2 RC cruises in recent years. Enchantment and Rhapsody. Each cruise we found the self serve ice cream machines shut down except for day-time hours and even then it was hit or miss.  It seems reasonable to expect the machines to be functional most, if not all, hours of the day and night. I realize they must be cleaned periodically but to be shut down every evening and all night seems like a disservice to the paying customer. Am I missing some greater explanation here?

The smaller ships aren't 24X7, based on my several cruises.  I don't know what the official soft-serve hours are, but the logistics on Vision Class are definitely different than on Oasis Class.  I've learned to enjoy the other benefits they offer, such as the Centrum, the Solarium, or a relaxing sea view from Deck 5.