Extra cruise I didn't take on my login/past cruises

klc317

Earlier this year about the same time we were getting ready to go on our Adventure of the Seas 7 night I got sent emails to check in and my luggage tags for a cruise on Symphony that we hadn't even booked.   Turns out it was someone with my same name that they got confused.   I called RC and I guess they got it straightened out and the correct person must have received their luggage tags, never heard anymore.   Anyway, I logged in today to my account to look at an upcoming cruise and in the "past cruises" section is that cruise on Symphony that we didn't take and the points for it got added on to my C&A points.   I guess I'll take the points....lol....gets me real close to Diamond level with the extra.   Has anyone else had something like that occur?

3 hours ago, klc317 said:

Earlier this year about the same time we were getting ready to go on our Adventure of the Seas 7 night I got sent emails to check in and my luggage tags for a cruise on Symphony that we hadn't even booked.   Turns out it was someone with my same name that they got confused.   I called RC and I guess they got it straightened out and the correct person must have received their luggage tags, never heard anymore.   Anyway, I logged in today to my account to look at an upcoming cruise and in the "past cruises" section is that cruise on Symphony that we didn't take and the points for it got added on to my C&A points.   I guess I'll take the points....lol....gets me real close to Diamond level with the extra.   Has anyone else had something like that occur?

It has been reported occasionally, but it's not a frequent event. It's not happened to our family.  Enjoy your next cruise!

2 hours ago, Fuzzywuzzy said:

You can only hope this other person goes on a cruise binge and you become points wealthy. ?

I know.  It was kinda weird when I opened the email, had their names, addresses, their booking number, I am an honest guy so I just deleted the info and the email and called RC.   There wasn't any more personal info beyond that so I wasn't concerned.  But months after the fact I'll take the points.   Funny how it appears I went on a solo cruise.   Oh well.