How early can you show up at Port Everglades?

We are spending the night in Fort Lauderdale the night before we board the Allure. Our hotel has a pay shuttle service to the port, but it is only at certain times.  My other thought is to use Uber to get to the port.  The other day I think Matt and Jerel mentioned they were at the port between 9 and 10 am.  I want to get there as early as possible, but I do not want to be denied access to Port Everglades by gate security or not let in to the cruise terminal when we arrive.  Can someone give me an early embarkation timeline that will work for us?

I was in Port Everglades early january also for the Allure on a sunday.

We arrived at the port at 9h50 am and proceeded into the main building. The security check point was not wet open and we had to wait in line for a few minutes. The lines were short and I consider that arriving before 9h30 does not do any good there. The security control opened a few minutes later and then the check-in process was quite quick. 

We were upstairs in the sitting area at 10h20 and the boarding began at 11h15. We were on the ship at noon and enjoying our first drink 5 minutes later !!

So bottom line is; I don't think getting there before 10h00 will make a big difference, but you want to be upstairs when they begin  boarding so you can enjoy your cruise ship asap. 

I took a taxi from FLL the first day and cost me  23$, and the taxi back to FLL on last day cost only 13$ (more waiting time the first day) 

Have a nice cruise my friend ! 

Hey Matt,

I followed your blog posts from allure of the seas. I am doing the same cruise in April, great info!

I found a copy of a cruise compass from November 29, 2015 you had posted here on the site but I cant seem to print or save it!

Anyway to get the file or be able to print it so I can mark it up?

Thanks!

Hey Matt,

I followed your blog posts from allure of the seas. I am doing the same cruise in April, great info!

I found a copy of a cruise compass from November 29, 2015 you had posted here on the site but I cant seem to print or save it!

Anyway to get the file or be able to print it so I can mark it up?

Thanks!

Shoot me an email, [email protected]

My last FLL experience was September on Indy.  We were the only ship in town that day so we used the big O/A (soon to be A/H) terminal.  arrived at 10:30 and there were a few hundred already upstairs.  we were onboard before 11 though.

No real reason to get to the port before 10:30-11. If you arrive earlier than that you will just end up sitting in the waiting area. Boarding for Allure/Oasis is the most efficient I've ever seen so I wouldn't be too concerned regardless of the chaos of people coming and going. As far as the shuttles go, if you don't want to be governed by the hotels time schedule I suggest UBER or Yellow Cab as you will most likely be pretty close to the port.

Regarding Uber...

I know FLL has poo-poo'd Uber drivers from picking up the terminal (thanks shuttle & taxi companies :-P)... Is it acceptable to take an uber from a surrounding hotel to Port Everglades?  I thought I remember hearing something about uber drivers having difficulty getting into the port without a hack license.  I could be (and hopefully am) totally off.  

Thanks!

Regarding Uber...

I know FLL has poo-poo'd Uber drivers from picking up the terminal (thanks shuttle & taxi companies :-P)... Is it acceptable to take an uber from a surrounding hotel to Port Everglades?  I thought I remember hearing something about uber drivers having difficulty getting into the port without a hack license.  I could be (and hopefully am) totally off.  

Thanks!

I believe Uber is now allowed again at Port Everglades

I sent an email to Uber support regarding Port Everglades and below was their response:

Based on the current status of Uber in Port Everglades, they allow drop offs ONLY on the said port. This also means that any ride that you requestion going to Port Everglades should be able to pass the security gate with no problem. You must take note though, that pick ups from the port is still not allowed at this time. 

I sent an email to Uber support regarding Port Everglades and below was their response:

Based on the current status of Uber in Port Everglades, they allow drop offs ONLY on the said port. This also means that any ride that you requestion going to Port Everglades should be able to pass the security gate with no problem. You must take note though, that pick ups from the port is still not allowed at this time. 

Thank you for the clarification