Finally the UK gets an attractive RC offer

Mike.s

45 minutes ago, Ray said:

Thats 60% off once they have added 120% ?  cruise  i booked way back is £800 more than it was before. 

Should of guessed it was too good to be true, I didn't think to see how the price compares with the cruise we've already booked, as you say the price has gone up, what a con 

Cruises always increase in price over time as they book.  You can not compare the price months ago to any new promotion.  Same holds true in the US where promotions run rampant.  

Just like in the US there is the fine print "selected sailings".  If a cruise is selling well why would they discount it?  The selected sailings tend to be ones that aren't as popular and therefore have slow sales.  

2 hours ago, twangster said:

Cruises always increase in price over time as they book.  You can not compare the price months ago to any new promotion.  Same holds true in the US where promotions run rampant.  

Just like in the US there is the fine print "selected sailings".  If a cruise is selling well why would they discount it?  The selected sailings tend to be ones that aren't as popular and therefore have slow sales.  

Totally agree, however having watched my booking both in UK and US the best deal was when it first appeared, since then every RC deal no matter what they offer has been more expensive. 

You just can't beat booking early for the most part.  My mom did get a lower fare for our upcoming Explorer sailing by switching to NRD and moving, oddly enough, to the hump.  Since it was a couple days before final payment switching to NRD wasn't a big deal.

The best deal I ever had was when the Mariner was sailing out of LA.  We had three price drops including upgrading our cabin to the deck 10 corner aft.  As I recall the cruise fare was around $2000.00 for three of us for a mid-August sailing.

Thanks OP, just saved £850 on my booking ?

We booked 2 cabins on Allure for next August when we were on Rhapsody in the summer using the US offer.

Just checked it out and todays offer has saved 420 on each cabin and we kept our OBC !!!  The only difference was that we changed from Anytime dining to 6 pm but are on the waitlist for 8.30. This isnt too bad as we usually book a dining package , so just have to keep an eye out for an offer !!!