Do I lose OBC if I request change to lower price?

Iheoma

Hi Everyone, 

We got back from our first RCI cruise on 10/10 and we're hooked! While on board we booked a 7 night South Caribbean out of San Juan for Feb. 2021. I know that's a way off, but we plan on doing some land based vacations in 2020 that don't allow for a cruise until then. Anyway, I looked today at the price for the cruise on the RCI and notice that it's $75 cheaper than when we booked due to their "flash sale". If I call and request the lower price, do we lose our current $100 OBC? Or do we get to keep both the lower price and the OBC?

TIA for any info. 

This just happened to me and I lost my 150.00 OBC BUT I saved an extra $500.00 so at the end of the day I was up. My TA keeps an eye for me and when there are more savings to be had well she gets it done. I am sure before February 2021 you will see additional flash sales but I do think every sale is inclusive of themselves and can't be combined, I believe. I am sure some wonderful other cruisers will chime in shortly. Good Luck and happy sailing!!

As long as you booked the cruise on the ship at the Next Cruise desk you ALWAYS keep your OBC unless you cancel (changing price is not a cancel) regardless of "sale".  We price match all the time and always keep our OBC.  Next cruise can verify this for you and the royal vacation planners can verify it also!

38 minutes ago, WannaCruise said:

Ditto.  We got to keep our OBC that was part of booking while on board.

Any OBC that was part of the specific booking sale, you lose.

I should have clarified also, this is correct.  If the OBC is part of the "sale" then you lose it if you price match and the new promo does not offer OBC.  You only keep the Next Cruise OBC benefit, which is separate from the sale OBC