Question about Royal Up - Mariner of the Seas

JRogers

Hello - I just received an email about the Royal Up for the cruise we are taking on Mariner of the Seas (12/9-12/13).  They will be 3 of us (two adults and one 12 year old).  Right now we have an interior stateroom.

The options I have are Ocean View Balcony or Ocean View (states two twin beds).

I am looking for recommendations on which one I should bid on.  Will the Ocean View Balcony have a place for our daughter to sleep (pull out couch into bed, etc.)?

And what would be a fair price to bid?  Right now it says $215 is a fair price (this is per person I believe for 2 out of the 3 of us).  

When do you find out if you bid was accepted?  I've already printed off our cruise stuff, and just wondering if I have enough time to print off anything new if we do get upgraded.

Thanks

8 hours ago, JRogers said:

I am looking for recommendations on which one I should bid on

You can bid on both! (It will increase your odds if you're really interested in an upgrade)

Will the Ocean View Balcony have a place for our daughter to sleep

It should. I believe most of the fleet has options for sleeper sofas, but not all rooms. I would hate to imagine that they would move you into a room that cannot accommodate all those originally scheduled... In a short search I couldn't find any circumstances where that happened. 

what would be a fair price to bid

I have never had success bidding so take this with a grain of salt, but I think this is largely dependent on your cruise ship, sail date, how many rooms are available in the category you're looking at, how much rooms are/were going for, etc. Personally I would never bid more than the original room would have been to book... but that's just me. If it's saying $215 is fair (you're comfortable with it, and it is less than what the room would have originally cost, then it sounds like it is a good deal for you and your family!

When do you find out if you bid was accepted

You will get a confirmation as soon as it;s accepted. Some have posted that they received word back quickly, others not so much. You should know at least 48 hrs prior since that's in their T&C. Those minimum of 2 days should be enough (unless you're flying across the world)

Hope this helps!

All three cabins (your inside, the oceanview and the balcony) are essentially identical in terms of layout and amenities. The biggest difference will be that one wall will have a window in it or lead out onto a balcony if you win one of the upgrades. The cabin sizes might change very slightly but the size and layout are really not all that different between the three.

On 10/25/2019 at 5:01 PM, JRogers said:

I've already printed off our cruise stuff, and just wondering if I have enough time to print off anything new if we do get upgraded.

If you do win, you can call Royal to get them to update your cruise documents so you can reprint the new SetSail passes and luggage tags.  However if you win and don't have time to do that, all of that can be taken care of when you board.  They can look you up by name and they will also write out luggage tags on the spot.