Serenade of the Seas

3 hours ago, elizbit said:

She was last renovated in 2012, and doesn't appear to be scheduled for dry-dock any time soon: http://www.royalcaribbeanincentives.com/content/uploads/2018-2019-Fleet_Guide.pdf

I sailed on her last month and didn't see many signs of wear and tear though! She's a great ship!

so I just found this post here on THE Blog https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2012/12/11/royal-caribbeans-serenade-seas-finishes-revitalization

How often do ships go in for dry-dock. I thought every 7 or 8 years???

6 minutes ago, Baked Alaska said:

so I just found this post here on THE Blog https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2012/12/11/royal-caribbeans-serenade-seas-finishes-revitalization

How often do ships go in for dry-dock. I thought every 7 or 8 years???

Ships go into dry dock every 5 years until they get older then it's more frequent.  Keep in mind that dry docks are purely for routine marine maintenance.  Not all dry docks include any upgrades to guest areas.  

I was on Serenade last month and came away feeling like it needed to solid facelift.  Nothing major, just the ship showing its age.  Nothing wrong with the amenities, we got what we expected.  But some issues such as the large screen at the pool was not working.  In the stateroom corridors there was a musty odor indicating it was time to replace the carpets.  A few other minor annoyances.  Overall, nothing to reduce my enjoyment.  But it's time for a general refresh.

1 hour ago, PatsFanBrian said:

I was on Serenade last month and came away feeling like it needed to solid facelift.  Nothing major, just the ship showing its age.  Nothing wrong with the amenities, we got what we expected.  But some issues such as the large screen at the pool was not working.  In the stateroom corridors there was a musty odor indicating it was time to replace the carpets.  A few other minor annoyances.  Overall, nothing to reduce my enjoyment.  But it's time for a general refresh.

Oh great..were on her in 45 days.

1 hour ago, PatsFanBrian said:

General wear and tear is one thing but I'm sorry but things like the big screen not working is not good enough. You pay for the cruise as a package and a sum of all it's parts.