Feedback on Royal Anchor app chat feature (HOTS)

MikeSD

Used it back in March on Harmony and it worked reasonable well. Unless things have changed, the biggest issue was lack of notifications unless you opened the app.

Also a slight learning curve in adding people. Once you added a person they have to approve you adding them before messages could be sent.

On 10/25/2019 at 11:24 AM, CGTLH said:

Used it back in March on Harmony and it worked reasonable well. Unless things have changed, the biggest issue was lack of notifications unless you opened the app.

Also a slight learning curve in adding people. Once you added a person they have to approve you adding them before messages could be sent.

Great info! Thanks for sharing. 

It worked pretty well including notification just a couple of weeks ago.  The one quirk is I would have missed messages that it wouldn't display.  If you are not on the ship's WIFI which is free for using the app.  I had an occasional message that didn't come through.  However, I got the notifications almost always from the app for an upcoming event or reservation as well as notification of a new chat message.  I would get them on my iPhone and or apple watch.  Naturally I did not get any when I was off the ship but they did not queue up and save them to be delivered when I returned.  They would be listed as an unread message count but you could never view them.  Overall, it was really good especially with the notifications but there was the occasional missed message that was never delivered.