New cruiser Ed

Not sure what info you read, but Royal Caribbean doesn't offer partial cruises to Panama.

A number of years ago they had cruises that began or ended in Panama, but that ended when the South American cruise market took a nose dive.

There are a couple of Panama Canal crossings each year.

Thanks for all that responded. I didn’t know whether RC cruised to Panama but it might have been island princess. The cruises that go thru the canal go all the way to the west coast and I wasn’t interested in cruising that far yet. But I’ve seen listings online of partial cruises to Panama and just wanted to know if the ship went thru the canal or not.

Royal typically does full Panama canal cruises when they do.  Having said that...there is one partial offered in 2021 on Rhapsody from Tampa.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/itinerary/11-night-panama-canal-from-tampa-on-rhapsody/RH11TPA-2232313003?sail-date=2021-02-02&country=USA&currency=USD

It enters the Panama canal on the Atlantic side, goes through some locks to reach Gatun Lake and turns around.   That's not all the way through but it does provide a sense of the canal and crosses through half of it before turning back.

Royal doesn't typically do partial Panama canal cruises so this is a bit of rare cruise from a Royal Caribbean perspective.  Other cruise lines do partial Panama more frequently.  

Personally I like the full transits but the one on Rhapsody is round trip so people who want to avoid flying might enjoy the partial since it's better than not going at all.