LIVEish, Back to Back to Back on Mariner!

CGTLH

While CocoCay is nice and relaxing I still have an internal debate. That debate is CocoCay vs traditional sea day.

Sea day has the advantage of being able to wind down and prepare all day for getting off. CocoCay gives a nice final "make what you want" type of day.

21 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

20191031_132920-1152x864.thumb.jpg.509195e3e8c4eb8650aaa9532793bafc.jpg

Did you notice consistency in the side Mariner docked on? And did you or Nav get there first on this day? I have a port-facing JS on Nav and am hoping to face out like this instead of looking across at the other ship when in port when we double dip! Sadly it'll be a 2 ship day on both of our CocoCay stops. 

Just now, DDaley said:

Did you notice consistency in the side Mariner docked on? And did you or Nav get there first on this day? I have a port-facing JS on Nav and am hoping to face out like this instead of looking across at the other ship when in port when we double dip! Sadly it'll be a 2 ship day on both of our CocoCay stops. 

No consistancy from what I can tell.

3 day: Docked port and only ship

4 day: Tuesday docked starboard (first ship in, I think), today docked port (first ship again)

18 hours ago, DDaley said:

I believe there are a few factors, chief among them are whatever the Captain feels like.

So the background story for the crane... The November 4th and 8th sailings are chartered sailings for an "Experience beyond the music".

As such they've been flying on the various components for the stage and various props all afternoon. Think our Britto friend was just relocated land side to be kept out of harms way.

Also due to this the starboard side pool plus surrounding areas and section of deck 12 has been closed. I've been hearing some minor grumblings but for the most part everyone has been understanding. Now one negative I've noticed is the storage of the components has reduced some lounger areas.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Did you see anything while at PDCC?

Nothing visible that I noticed. But I did overhear some talk from other guests about having to make reservations.

One person had mentioned that if you went beyond a certain point and didn't have a reservation you couldn't go any further. Still not sure what they were using to indicate times.

Nothing new that I've noticed since May. Construction fence for the Coco Beach Club and South Beach area. Think I posted the picture of a block structure starting to peak above the fence. Only other sign of work are some floating booms on the water.

Some more thoughts, getting off the ship.

Going to say Terminal 1 in Port Canaveral wins the "getting off" crown. First would be the use of a ramp to reach the ground floor. Nice not having to deal with an escalator. Elevator is also still an option. Extent of the Concierge taking us off was to this point. From that point forward priority ends.

However, with the use of the new facial scanner to clear (if using a passport) plus another bonus things really never slowed down. That other bonus is you collect your bags after using the scanner/clearing immigration. Once your bag has been collected you can head straight towards the exit. Once exiting the terminal the foot traffic and vehicular traffic patterns are some what smooth, thus very minimal congestion.