St. Maarten

sitruc1978

I'm looking at excursions for my upcoming cruise in December on Anthem of the Seas and was wondering if anyone has booked a day trip to Pasanggrahan Boutique Hotel through Resort for a Day.  My family would prefer a beach day and this is within walking distance from the port and includes chair, umbrella and couple complementary drinks for $45/PP.  If not, does anyone have any other recommendations?  Thanks in advance.  

Curtis

We had a great beach in St. Maarten without doing any excursion.  We took the water taxi to the beach area and walked along the beach until we found a spot we liked.  We paid $20 for two chairs with cushions, an umbrella and a bucket of 6 Heinekens.  I think we were at Antoines, but I don't remember for sure.  It was a lovely spot and a perfect beach day.  

Echoing what @Fairlynew said..Pasanggrahan is located at the closest end of the beach to the port.  So it's nearly the first one you would come to if you walked up that way.  However this stretch of beach has tons of little resorts that will sell you chairs and umbrellas at a cheaper price that you can negotiate down.

You can also opt to take the water taxi ($8per person I believe) which goes from the port to the center of this beach near the Hard Rock if you look at a map..then you can walk either left or right up the beach until you find where your family would like to roost for the day.  

You just have to decide if everything that comes with that $45/pp is worth it to you when you can have the same experience DIY a little bit further up.

I've heard good things about Holland House and Lizzy's Beach Bar as places to hang on the beach for the day if you want other places to research. 

The one time I went and did the beach we just got off the water taxi and took a quick right and walked right down and into the water.  Didn't rent a chair or umbrella..along the boardwalk there's places that sell drinks left and right.