Thanksgiving 2020 cruise choice and why .....

ChrisK2793

Which would you pick.  Our 9yo son will also be with us.  Price is similar on all 3:

1) Oasis - Western & Perfect Day

2) Allure - Eastern w Charlotte Amelie and San Juan .... Labadee

3) Harmony - Eastern w San Juan Ana Phillipsburg ..... Labadee 

4) Symphony - Western & Perfect  Day

5) Odyssey - Southern 

I love Grease and Mama Mia ..... Hairspray is ok, and I HATE Cats ..... but I don’t want that to be a major factor in my decisions.  Also not sure we’d like a Quantun class ship.

Which if these would you pick and why???

33 minutes ago, ChrisK2793 said:

Which would you pick.  Our 9yo son will also be with us.  Price is similar on all 3:

5) Odyssey - Southern 

I love Grease and Mama Mia ..... Hairspray is ok, and I HATE Cats ..... but I don’t want that to be a major factor in my decisions.  Also not sure we’d like a Quantun class ship.

Either of the Western Caribbean cruises would offer the experience of exciting/interesting excursions, such as caves or Mayan ruins.  At that age, my son enjoyed those visits.  We've recently been on the Harmony, and kids loved it.

59 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

If your 9-year-old is into the water slides and water activities, I would choose #4.  If he prefers indoor activities, #5.

Just curious why you’d pick Symphony over Oasis with the same itinerary.  By then oasis will have had its amplification.  Do they do something better for thanksgiving on Symphony?

26 minutes ago, ChrisK2793 said:

Just curious why you’d pick Symphony over Oasis with the same itinerary.  By then oasis will have had its amplification.  Do they do something better for thanksgiving on Symphony?

You said you hated CATS.  All other things are nearly equal..same itinerary and the newest Oasis class ship or an AMPed ship.

If pricing goes anything like it does for Thanksgiving this year..I would wait until after the 90-day mark and go with whichever of these sailings is cheapest.  That's actually what I'm planning on doing next Thanksgiving.

10 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

You said you hated CATS.  All other things are nearly equal..same itinerary and the newest Oasis class ship or an AMPed ship.

If pricing goes anything like it does for Thanksgiving this year..I would wait until after the 90-day mark and go with whichever of these sailings is cheapest.  That's actually what I'm planning on doing next Thanksgiving.

True. But taking Cats and Hairspray our of the picture because I don’t really care for Hairspray either.  I’m wondering if the amplified Oasis beats Symphony. 

My honest first choice would be the amplified Allure if only it were doing a better itinerary that week.  I meant to see Mama Mia, but  I really don’t like San Juan and we’re doing that itinerary this thanksgiving on oasis when she comes bacK in service 

16 minutes ago, ChrisK2793 said:

My honest first choice would be the amplified Allure if only it were doing a better itinerary that week.  I meant to see Mama Mia, but  I really don’t like San Juan and we’re doing that itinerary this thanksgiving on oasis when she comes bacK in service 

Go with Allure then...you're from Florida and you sail often enough.  Use the itinerary as an excuse to stay on the ship more and take advantage of that..with Oasis class the ships can easily be the destination.  I'm not even sure I will step foot off of Oasis next month.

2 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Fellow Floridian here.. I do EXACTLY what you do.. wait until after final payment and they slash those prices! I know years ago they said they were going to stop doing that but they lied because about 30 days after final payment the price goes wayyy down.. I can't wait for Oasis this thanksgiving. Thanks again for alerting us to the new aqua theater show! 

All great ships that will be of similar caliber by Thanksgiving 2020.  

If you haven't sailed any Oasis class yet all of them will be great.

I'm partial to Eastern or Southern Caribbean but nothing wrong with Western with Perfect Day.

All of them should make for a great Thanksgiving experience.  If you can find a more preferable cabin on one versus another that may be a tie breaker.  

Waiting until next fall to book a last minute deal is great for Florida residents but then again some Thanksgivings have sold out in advance so there is risk in that approach or you may not get the best cabin selection.  

11 minutes ago, twangster said:

All great ships that will be of similar caliber by Thanksgiving 2020.  

If you haven't sailed any Oasis class yet all of them will be great.

I'm partial to Eastern or Southern Caribbean but nothing wrong with Western with Perfect Day.

All of them should make for a great Thanksgiving experience.  If you can find a more preferable cabin on one versus another that may be a tie breaker.  

Waiting until next fall to book a last minute deal is great for Florida residents but then again some Thanksgivings have sold out in advance so there is risk in that approach or you may not get the best cabin selection.  

I just booked this thanksgiving on oasis 2 weeks ago and amazingly, I’m finding similarly low prices for the ships for thanksgiving 2020.  Plus I figure I can always reprice if needed 

And this is why I will wait until last minute next year to book a Thanksgiving cruise..insane.

I know there's probably no chance to luck into this for next year (especially considering this is a price for a SOLO) but still..might as well since I have the travel flexibility and can drive to the port.

cheapOA.thumb.png.d3250a53468d07d397c7a0c72df26021.pnge! 

After seeing Matt’s video about Odyssey....... our 8 year old son decided he wanted to do that one next Thanksgiving.  He wants to try the North Star, the bumper cars, and a few other things he saw.

I think I got a great price?  8 nights on the Odyssey in a Junior Suite for 3 people for $5,100 over thanksgiving 2020 using the “kids sail free” promotion.   I also priced it with just 2 adults to compare and that was $4,900 for the same junior suite  ...... so I’m guessing the extra $200 was our son’s port charges since he sails free.

Also, we’re doing the Western Caribbean itinerary I was looking at on an Oasis class ship only a month before next thanksgiving that I wasn’t factoring in originally. 

108049E1-EE49-4123-BB3B-BD5A8E02864E.jpeg

17 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

And this is why I will wait until last minute next year to book a Thanksgiving cruise..insane.

I know there's probably no chance to luck into this for next year (especially considering this is a price for a SOLO) but still..might as well since I have the travel flexibility and can drive to the port.

cheapOA.thumb.png.d3250a53468d07d397c7a0c72df26021.pnge! 

Paging @monorailmedic

On 10/24/2019 at 6:49 AM, ChrisK2793 said:

5) Odyssey - Southern 

OASIS will be AMPLIFIED then and will have everything that all of the other OASIS CLASS SHIPS have.  I would pick the Oasis since it will be upgraded.