Thanksgiving 2019

Neesa

57 minutes ago, Neesa said:

Hello Everyone! Sailing on the Harmony November 24, 2019 to encompass Thanksgiving Day. Has anyone sailed this week and are there any special things to look forward to ? Thanks in advance!!

It’s an awesome week to sail! I would venture to say it’s the best week of the year to sail! Watch for the butcher chasing the turkey through the Promanade.

We have done the thanksgiving sailing many times on Anthem (its an easy port to get to for us) Will be again this year 4 weeks from Saturday!!! . Its a great time to sail. Lots of families if that interests you. As for special events I have never really noticed any to be honest. Outside of turkey being offered on the menu's the holiday isn't really a big deal on board. 

We sailing during the week of Thanksgiving on Navigator in 2009. (Ended on Thanksgiving day, so I can't speak to any special dining)

One pleasant surprise was seeing that, overnight, the Royal Promenade was suddenly decorated for Christmas complete with a very large Christmas tree on Wednesday.

42 minutes ago, Matt said:

I've cruised over Thanksgiving a few years now, and really enjoy it.

Be sure to hit the main dining room on Thanksgiving for a special menu.

I’m very glad to hear that you had a great meal for Thanksgiving.  Let me say, however, that on NAV 2 years ago, Dan and I had a perfectly horrible Thanksgiving meal.  It was so bad that Dan has refused to set foot in any MDR (breakfast being a rare exception) since.  Hopefully that was some kind of awful glitch.  We still continue to sail during Thanksgiving, but we eat elsewhere.

41 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I’m very glad to hear that you had a great meal for Thanksgiving.  Let me say, however, that on NAV 2 years ago, Dan and I had a perfectly horrible Thanksgiving meal.  It was so bad that Dan has refused to set foot in any MDR (breakfast being a rare exception) since.  Hopefully that was some kind of awful glitch.  We still continue to sail during Thanksgiving, but we eat elsewhere.

agreed. I am eating at Chops this year for Thanksgiving!

Thanks so much to all who replied, we had a super rough year (husbands both parents gone within months of each other) and decided spending the Thanksgiving Holiday away from home would help get through it. We usually only cruise in warmer months as we enjoy the warmth. Loving that we may be disembarking from a decked out Christmas ship, tree and such! Now by lots of families & kids would you compare the number to that of DCL? Just curious because this time around in an OS and plan to be extra low key this sailing. Appreciate it everyone!

5 hours ago, Neesa said:

Thanks so much to all who replied, we had a super rough year (husbands both parents gone within months of each other) and decided spending the Thanksgiving Holiday away from home would help get through it. We usually only cruise in warmer months as we enjoy the warmth. Loving that we may be disembarking from a decked out Christmas ship, tree and such! Now by lots of families & kids would you compare the number to that of DCL? Just curious because this time around in an OS and plan to be extra low key this sailing. Appreciate it everyone!

Sorry to hear about the rough year, I hope this cruise is relaxing for you.  Me and my family are on this same cruise also.  We chose it since our 14 year old son will be out of school that week. This is our first RC Thanksgiving cruise, but we have been on 2 Thanksgiving cruises with DCL and there were loads of kids, of course.  With Thanksgiving week being a school holiday, I would expect there to be more kids on this Harmony cruise than other weeks in November.  But the ship is so huge, I am sure you will have a great time. 

Enjoy your cruise.