90 days

Alibou3193

I'm about to hit the 90 days mark in a couple if weeks and know that after that hits, trying to readjust my booking price (if a lower price is available), can no longer be done.  Has anyone noticed whether Royal does lower the prices, near that 90 day window? I've been checking for the past couple weeks and nothing. I'm hoping for maybe one last price adjustment.

5 hours ago, Alibou3193 said:

I'm about to hit the 90 days mark in a couple if weeks and know that after that hits, trying to readjust my booking price (if a lower price is available), can no longer be done.  Has anyone noticed whether Royal does lower the prices, near that 90 day window? I've been checking for the past couple weeks and nothing. I'm hoping for maybe one last price adjustment.

I think it depends.  I have never taken a cruise that was "cheaper" inside 90 days, but we usually book Ocean View or Balcony.   Like anything else, the port and time of year are likely factors.  I generally make my cruise purchase decision with the expectation that I won't get a price drop later. 

18 hours ago, melmar02 said:

I try not to look after final payment date since I can't do anything about it anyway. Instead I try to focus on tracking price drops for any cruise planner purchases I have made or looking for more cruises that would work with our schedules...time to plan the next one!

This is basically what I do as well.

23 hours ago, Alibou3193 said:

You are better off not looking after your final payment date.  What happens is Royal wants to fill up the ship, so they put on sale all of the unsold cabins.  They would rather the ship go out as full as possible, than to have empty cabins.  They would rather have additional revenue than nothing additional at all.   So when you book, you can wait until 90 days prior so you can see what is at a reduced price but the risk is you may not be able to get the Cabin Category or location on the ship that you would like, or the ship may be full.  This is the changes you would have to take.  I don't bother, because I want a specific Cabin Category and a specific location.