Next Cruise Booking: Decsions Decisions!!

CJS2766

Hello all, about 72 more hours until my cruise aboard the Adventure of the Seas. Woo Hoo!!!! Anyway, my question is when it comes to booking a next cruise, I hear that there are better deals/incentives if you book your next cruise while on board. True? I was thinking about using a travel agent for my next cruise, but now I am not sure which is the better way to go? I always here that using a travel agent is the better way to go, but can they do better than reserving yourself while on a cruise?

Thanks all!!!

5 minutes ago, CJS2766 said:

Hello all, about 72 more hours until my cruise aboard the Adventure of the Seas. Woo Hoo!!!! Anyway, my question is when it comes to booking a next cruise, I hear that there are better deals/incentives if you book your next cruise while on board. True? I was thinking about using a travel agent for my next cruise, but now I am not sure which is the better way to go? I always here that using a travel agent is the better way to go, but can they do better than reserving yourself while on a cruise?

Thanks all!!!

You can book with NextCruise and then transfer the booking to a Travel Agent.  You will get to keep the NextCruise incentives.

Read all the fine print at NextCruise.  Most of the OBC incentives that they offer are for non-refundable bookings.  Reduced deposits are also for non-refundable bookings.  Those are the two typical incentives for using NextCruise. 

NextCruise will have the same cruise pricing and offers that you can access on the website.  While you are on the ship, hook up to the ship's Wifi and you will be able to access royalcaribbean.com without having to purchase an internet plan.  You can price out cruises you are interested in so you know what you are going for when you have your NextCruise appointment.

7 hours ago, CJS2766 said:

Thanks all!!!

@AshleyDillo nailed it.  Some travel agents will give you additional perks or equivalent perks, so we recommend you use an agent.  We use AAA, and they have a working arrangement with Royal so that our agent will follow-up on anything we book on the ship.  Mostly the ship booking gets you a lower deposit and a little OBC.  Our dilemma is that we rarely know WHEN we can next cruise -- too many family issues to consider.  We never feel disappointed if we can't book on the ship.  We are more likely to score a good price when new schedules are announced for the itineraries that interest us.  Have a great cruise!

So whatever incentive you have with Next cruise you get to carry it  over to your TA....and on top of that you get whatever incentives your TA is offering. 

I believe you have 60 days to do this or change the reservation(even if its a non-refundable one)??!

After that, if I wanted to change the booking or take advantage of a "better" cruise deal, I would lose any OBC or incentives that I had gained with the current booking...(even OBC from MyVegas etc)

Is this correct?

We are looking at booking TWO cruises while onboard so want to make sure I know exactly what to do and expect....

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 12:15 PM, monctonguy said:

So whatever incentive you have with Next cruise you get to carry it  over to your TA....and on top of that you get whatever incentives your TA is offering. 

I believe you have 60 days to do this or change the reservation(even if its a non-refundable one)??!

After that, if I wanted to change the booking or take advantage of a "better" cruise deal, I would lose any OBC or incentives that I had gained with the current booking...(even OBC from MyVegas etc)

Is this correct?

We are looking at booking TWO cruises while onboard so want to make sure I know exactly what to do and expect....

Anyone that can confirm I have the details and info correct regarding the above process?!

Hi -

Based on my experience using Next Cruise, if you booked the current cruise with your travel agent, RCCL will forward the reservation to the TA listed on the current reservation (the NextCruise rep will confirm your TA info when you book). Our TA sent us a text as soon as it happened, thanking us for booking with them again.

In a nutshell, I believe that you do have 2 months to make changes. Not sure about keeping your OBC when you make changes.

Here's the T/C from RCCL about Next Cruise.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/next-cruise-booking-terms-and-conditions.pdf

Hope this helps!

Ok...as I don't have a TA right now..but ANY cruise I want to book is cheaper ANYWHERE else but with Royal.

So I want to book it with next cruise desk........get my OBC from them...cash in MyVegas OBC....and then in the next 60 days transfer it to a travel agent/site to take advantage of the better pricing out there.

9 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

Ok...as I don't have a TA right now..but ANY cruise I want to book is cheaper ANYWHERE else but with Royal.

So I want to book it with next cruise desk........get my OBC from them...cash in MyVegas OBC....and then in the next 60 days transfer it to a travel agent/site to take advantage of the better pricing out there.

Yes this is what we did, and when we got home and called the TA the price dropped significantly but we kept the original OBC from Next Cruise and gained more from the TA. We did NOT have any MyVegas benefits so can't speak to that but the rest of it yes, and we could have changed ships/dates but ended up just sticking to the one we booked at Next Cruise.