Cabin Selection

AwwChuckIt

My wife and I are booked in one on Brilliance, and didn't know that bc of the added Pullmans if they would have put in a little bit more space or not for storage.  I could see arguments both ways, but in the end, I figured that with mass production of the cabin compartments, it would be cost prohibitive to have entirely different configurations to accommodate  more people in a given cabin when they could upgrade to a suite if they were concerned with more room.

13 minutes ago, AwwChuckIt said:

My wife and I are booked in one on Brilliance, and didn't know that bc of the added Pullmans if they would have put in a little bit more space or not for storage.  I could see arguments both ways, but in the end, I figured that with mass production of the cabin compartments, it would be cost prohibitive to have entirely different configurations to accommodate  more people in a given cabin when they could upgrade to a suite if they were concerned with more room.

I'm not familiar with Brillance, but I know I've been on ships where the pullmans are on the wall and then others where they come from out of the ceiling.  The rooms where they are on the walls end up feeling more cramped because the pullmans aren't flush with the wall like they are when they disappear into the ceiling.

We sailed in a cabin on Brilliance that had a pullman bed but it was a balcony cabin, so not the same. 

The standard OV cabins with pullmans that we sailed in were on Explorer and Splendour (this latter no longer with RCI). In these cases I can definitely confirm that there is no additional space or storage. That said, we sailed these with 4 people in the cabins, 2 adults and 2 kids, and despite being a bit on the tight side, we managed. There was (just) enough storage for the 4 of us. Also, during the day the stateroom attendant puts the pullman beds up into the wall/ceiling, so they don't impinge on your space when you're in the cabin.