Show Reservations on Oasis

Wilmsta

Hi all

We're on 8th December Oasis of the Seas sailing (first cruise on Oasis class and also our honeymoon ?)  and I'm just wondering about show reservations.

I can see Cats (i understand that this is unmissable...or maybe not ?) , the Ice skating show and a Comedy show or two, all available to reserve a space - although nothing for the Aqua show as yet. As Oasis is currently being amped, does this mean no Aqua shows are likely on our sailing, or am i just being paranoid?

Also for the first time we're actually staying in a suite, so with regards to all show reservations do i still have to reserve a place, as i know there are always spaces roped off for suite guests etc. I don't want to reserve a space thereby blocking it for someone else if I don't need to etc etc.

Thanks in advance

Adam 

A brand new aqua show is being developed right now.  The aqua theater is being upgraded to match the features that newer ships like Symphony have.  This includes projector mapping technology and other technical innovations given that the original aqua theater on Oasis was over 10 years old.   New capabilities means a new show must be created.  Royal has hinted about that new show but not made it available for booking yet.

That new show may or may not be available for the Dec 8. sailing.  They may have a simplified version while the cast gets ready for the new show.  The cast will only have access to the new aqua theater themselves for the first time on the Nov. 24 sailing.    That gives them two sailings to practice and finish preparing for the new show for Dec. 8.  Only time will tell.  

2 hours ago, Wilmsta said:

Any advice on the reservation side of things? i.e should or shouldn't I be making reservations if i'm in a suite?

The comedy show that's held in the small comedy club is the only one that you definitely should make reservations for.  

The ice show, Aqua Theater, and main theater have dedicated seating for suites so as long as you are there 10 minutes before show time you should be able to find a seat in the reserved area.  Just have to show your SeaPass card if it isn't obvious ask where the reserved seating for suites is.  On Harmony and Allure the reserved area was in the balcony of the main theater, so I would assume it is the same on Oasis.

48 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

The comedy show that's held in the small comedy club is the only one that you definitely should make reservations for.  

The ice show, Aqua Theater, and main theater have dedicated seating for suites so as long as you are there 10 minutes before show time you should be able to find a seat in the reserved area.  Just have to show your SeaPass card if it isn't obvious ask where the reserved seating for suites is.  On Harmony and Allure the reserved area was in the balcony of the main theater, so I would assume it is the same on Oasis.

Thanks AshleyDillo, very helpful :91_thumbsup:

What happened to Come Fly with me which used to be performed in the Main theater? I am on the Thanksgiving sailing and that is not available to book either.. I understand the Aqua theater issue but what about come fly with me? Im just alittle bit disappointed because I am going with someone who has never been on Oasis class and I told them how great the shows are. 

26 minutes ago, AGSLC5 said:

What happened to Come Fly with me which used to be performed in the Main theater? I am on the Thanksgiving sailing and that is not available to book either.. I understand the Aqua theater issue but what about come fly with me? Im just alittle bit disappointed because I am going with someone who has never been on Oasis class and I told them how great the shows are. 

I looked in my CP (I am on the following week.  12-1) and the only shows that are showing up for reservations are Cats, Frozen in Time and the Comedy show.  I will note, however, that the last time I checked, only Cats and FIT were listed so maybe they’re slowly adding them. I will check back later in the week.

1 hour ago, AGSLC5 said:

I'm going to assume the same thing will apply here as does the Aqua Theater show.  New technology possibly and a new cast that won't have a lot of real rehearsal time before sailings to work out all the kinks.  On top of this often these shows need coordination with the captain as well (keeping the ship sailing smoothly/slowly, etc.).

Just now, WAAAYTOOO said:

I will be very disappointed if they have 2 shows that are missing. I understand the ATS but the theater show would be kinda hard to forgive.  I hope it IS a new show. With Cats on her 9th life, I’m hoping for at least SOMEthing new.

Just one of the pitfalls of post-AMP sailings, I suppose.  If enough folks complain maybe they'll throw everyone $25 OBC for pain and suffering ?

If they're doing a new show or adding features that have any of the components like Flight on Symphony, I can completely understand why they may not want to open up reservations until they are comfortable with the new sets and safety features.

1 minute ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I will be very disappointed if they have 2 shows that are missing. I understand the ATS but the theater show would be kinda hard to forgive.  I hope it IS a new show. With Cats on her 9th life, I’m hoping for at least SOMEthing new.

I'm hoping Cats is a "memory". ?

3 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I am also disappointed with only 2 shows.. Especially since I don't like Cats lol. Oh well I did get an awesome deal which is why I am even going on my cruise but still I really was hoping for ATS and come fly with me. 

30 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

I feel like at least the ATS will be open.  They will need to rehearse during our sailing anyways..might as well make those open rehearsals.

I agree.  They will have a SOME kind of show. It may not be what they will eventually call the headline ATS show, but will probably be something somewhat limited given the cast’s newness.