Irons

I have just started the Downy wrinkle release softener for the washer.  I have to say if you take your stuff out of the dryer as soon as it beeps, there are no wrinkles and look like you just ironed them.  We just did a weekend away and when I took everything out of the suitcase, there were still no wrinkles, which meant I did not need the release bottle.  

I don't like taking the wrinkle release bc I am afraid it will leak (I do put it a ziplock baggie for this fear). 

I also found that the softener seemed to keep less wrinkles being made while wearing the clothes.  Hubby wore the pants all day, and thankfully didn't spill anything on them.  No wrinkles on the hip or behind the knees.  

OBTW my trick for no iron, is I take a flat iron for hair.  It works really well for a quick fix to get a crease.

On 10/22/2019 at 7:41 AM, Pima1988 said:

I don't like taking the wrinkle release bc I am afraid it will leak (I do put it a ziplock baggie for this fear). 

If it has fluid in it, I use two ziplocks just to be sure.  Coming back from Paris years ago, I had a bottle of red wine in my checked bag that got smashed.  Had it in a towel which kept the glass confined, but the actual wine...it was a mess.  So now, everything is in ziplock bags...and if need be, for wine, I use packing compression bags (like I use ziplocks) to ensure a breakage doesn't ruin any more clothes.

The wrinkle release worked great on my last cruise. We sprayed the clothes after they came out of the suite cases and just hung them up and let them dry until it was time to wear. The other good thing about it is that at the end of the day you are on a vacation with a whole bunch of other people you will most likely not ever see again so a few wrinkles are no big deal. It's also true that everyone is in the same boat (? pun intended) and will be dealing with travel wrinkles as well.

56 minutes ago, AwwChuckIt said:

So now, everything is in ziplock bags.

I am married to a retired AF officer.  Everything regarding shampoo, shaving cream, aloe, cologne/perfume goes in a ziplock baggie, and we have a great roller bag,  it is FAA approved.  It has a zipper compartment on top with easy access for TSA for the  liquids and a garment bag that wraps around the outside.

The thing is it can only handle so much in that top compartment.

I just find it easier to take all of his shirts to the dry cleaner and ask for heavy starch.

As a woman I buy Chicos clothing for cruising.  They too, like Jos. A. Bank have a traveler collection.  

You made me laugh @AwwChuckIt.  We flew home from Australia last yr and I too brought home red and white wine. Wine, chocolates and macaroons were in my suitcase, in separate bags.  Needless to say our red wine broke and seeped into the chocolates and macaroons.  Pistachio macaroons with red wine seeping into the cookie is not so tasty.  

@Rebecca Ann  I have incredibly short hair....no hair dryer needed.  I have a cheap flat iron just for cruising.  Honest...it sits under my sink until we go on vacation.

~ Use the flat iron to iron the shirt sleeves or the crease of the pants.  

We have heavy weight magnets for cruising.  Hubby on day 1, places his suit and shirts on the magnets to "rest".  We also place one magnet in the bathroom.  This also helps with getting rid of the wrinkles using the steam of the shower.

I can either take Downy release, or a flat iron.  I opt for the flat iron, bc it can do double duty.  Can't use Downy on my hair!