Anthem 10/24-11/2 The Last Canada/NE of the Season

heffy2

4 hours ago, heffy2 said:

We went on an RCI tour, which was the first time I’ve done a ship tour since Alaska in 1998. We went on the Acadia Nation Park/Lobster lunch tour, and it was great.

We're headed there in July.  Debated between the one you did and the Ultimate Island Experience.  We booked the Island Experience instead.  This is one of the ports that we are most excited for, mainly because it is very different from what we are used to.

I’m sitting here in the solarium enjoying breakfast, and the couple sitting next to me is repeating a familiar refrain onboard this morning. There ya a little issue tendering last night in Bar Harbor. A large well developed around 4:30, and tendering had to stop for about an hour and a half. I heard the local tender guys from my balcony saying that there were over 1200 people waiting. Now, the conspiracy theory’s are in full force. The people next to me believe it was Royals fault for not being prepared for the volume of people with walkers and canes! ??‍♂️

When you go in to watch WWRY, look on either side of the stage at the enclosed alcoves.  That is where the band sits.  I find it fascinating to watch the band, knowing that there is no conductor there with them.  The conductor is actually in ANOTHER area and the band is watching him on CCTV from a screen that is facing the stage above the balcony.

Good morning from a cold, gray Halifax! Hopefully the showers hold off for about 5 hours. This morning was a bit interesting with a code Alpha right in the middle of the Captains good morning message. Hopefully the guest with the medical issue is ok. Of course this delayed the clearance of the ship, which caused people to be very sultry.

40837833-81DE-4AD6-BC6F-CE3BD45DBF3A.jpeg

D48AD005-CB99-48C6-8E53-1FE4B7ADF324.jpeg

D7BE2C65-9648-40D8-9A0F-77A761A5FA48.jpeg

It’s a little wet, but I’ve really enjoyed walking around. We explored the Maritime Museum, which was really cool, especially the second floor with the Cunard and Titanic displays. Now we’re just walking around Grafton street. Hoping to stop at Garrisons Brewing on the way back to the ship

EE2971A3-72CB-42E5-9771-AB2B66DD402F.jpeg

B2BBAD3F-018E-4EEB-9829-121CB6967E29.jpeg

F9AFF96D-EF2F-4659-9A13-63F80ECD274D.jpeg

A832C8DD-C431-49E7-9EA0-52EA31602E05.jpeg

3 hours ago, monctonguy said:

oh they have some good poutine's there!!!!...and I hope he got a chance to try a "donair" while in NS...some of the best around are in Halifax...at "pizza corner"....

Can you name specific places?  We are looking for a donair and poutine place.  Since you're a local, I would love to hear your opinion.

@heffy2  Sorry I did not contribute to this blog.  Ceil and I had a great time on this cruise though.  We were mostly in the Solarium.  I'll check my camera pics (not yet downloaded) to see if I have anything interesting to add here.  We usually "disconnect" on our cruises and pretty much stay off-line.  This is actually the first time I am seeing this.  Thanks for your blog work!  I wish I had been following...

5 hours ago, YOLO said:

@heffy2  Sorry I did not contribute to this blog.  Ceil and I had a great time on this cruise though.  We were mostly in the Solarium.  I'll check my camera pics (not yet downloaded) to see if I have anything interesting to add here.  We usually "disconnect" on our cruises and pretty much stay off-line.  This is actually the first time I am seeing this.  Thanks for your blog work!  I wish I had been following...

I'm sure I walked by you many times! I was up there at arrival, or in the afternoon, either at the bar or in the hot tub. It was an amazing cruise!!