Cruise Compass help

We are on the first sailing for Oasis OTS, after its dry dock. How relevant would an old Cruise Compass be? Its coming off the Mediterranean schedule, and a lot more things to do on board after its amped make-over. I'm trying to get a feel for themed days on the ship, and what to pack. Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

Unfortunately we can only speculate.  The cruise director can change many things on board including theme nights.  If the CD has a lot of time on Oasis class in the Caribbean it's possible they will rely on that knowledge of what works and what doesn't.  If the CD has never been in the Caribbean on Oasis class that may influence on board themes.  

For things like when the Windjammer or pools are open historical data is likely helpful.  Trying looking at Symphony's Med compasses and compare them to Caribbean compasses once she reached America.    

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/cruise-compass?ship=1167

That won't yield perfect results but it may give you some insight of the types of things that can change between regions.

The themes are pretty standard on most Caribbean cruises.  While they are making some changes to the ship, most of the changes won't have a direct impact on activities or themes on the ship.  I would look at a current Compass from a Harmony or Symphony 7-night Caribbean sailing to get an idea of what themes there might be.  Usually I've only see things such as Caribbean or a white theme and then there's usually a 70's or 80's night or both.

I will be on that Oasis sailing as well so I'm pumped to get to see the all the new changes!

3 hours ago, Smokeater639 said:

We are on the first sailing for Oasis OTS, after its dry dock. How relevant would an old Cruise Compass be? Its coming off the Mediterranean schedule, and a lot more things to do on board after its amped make-over. I'm trying to get a feel for themed days on the ship, and what to pack. Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

I agree with the other comments.  For me, the main point to sailing the Med is to visit the ports.  So I would worry more about packing for the ports and not stress about special clothes for theme nights, unless you are really into wearing white.  You will have lots of fun no matter what you wear!

18 minutes ago, ChessE4 said:

I agree with the other comments.  For me, the main point to sailing the Med is to visit the ports.  So I would worry more about packing for the ports and not stress about special clothes for theme nights, unless you are really into wearing white.  You will have lots of fun no matter what you wear!

The ports for this cruise at San Juan, Labadee and St. Thomas.  So not that port intensive and plenty of ship time. ?

5 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

I will be on that Oasis sailing as well so I'm pumped to get to see the all the new changes!

We are all super excited to break in the new Oasis!

6 hours ago, twangster said:

Trying looking at Symphony's Med compasses and compare them to Caribbean compasses once she reached America.    

That's kind of what I figured.

Thanks for the help!