Navigator muster station B13

Hello.  Does anyone know where muster station B13 is on NOS?  We'll be cruising in January, and while we're not in an accessible room, my mom will be using a wheelchair.  I just want to know if we'll be fighting to roll past people on the deck.  I have not yet notified Royal Caribbean of the wheelchair, but when I do, will they make sure we are assigned to an easily accessible station?

Muster stations are assigned by cabin location.  All cabins in the same vicinity tend to share a muster station and they tend to be on the same side of the ship as your cabin when possible.

For wheelchairs and scooters they should have a separate muster drill area close by B13 for this accessibility purpose.   Talk to staff on board before muster.

ycheEMA.jpg

Tip:

When they are about 30 minutes before beginning the muster drill, go find a comfortable seat in a common area on the deck where your muster station is (R Bar or Champagne Bar or whatever it happens to be) so that all of you and your mother can be comfortable. When they begin gathering for the muster drill, go and have your sea passes scanned by the person at your muster drill station and then go back and sit down. Someone can take your mother’s card for her and have it scanned. There’s no need for anyone to stand around outside or have your mother worry about getting around in her chair. Just make sure that all of your seapass cards gets scanned at the correct station and you can sit somewhere comfortable during the muster drill.

Thanks.  I wasn't sure if we had to be at an official muster station for instructions.  

So, it seems like the station is deck 4, about halfway between the sets of doors to the outside.  The schooner bar might be an ok place to hang out.  If I don't want to wait until the person at my muster station arrives in order to ask questions, and I would rather ask ahead of time, would guest services be my best bet?

Guest services and possibly your cabin attendant can provide some insight.  Crew from all over the ship participate in muster.  A bartender could be the person holding a sign for B13.  An entertainer could be the muster station leader.  If you see any officer walking around, pose the question to them.  Ship security personnel while you are boarding may know.  Often when you first step foot on the ship there are many crew standing around waiting to answer questions.  They might even be wearing an "Ask me" t-shirt .   

People in the cruise terminal won't know.  They are local contractors who don't work on the ship.

8 minutes ago, twangster said:

Guest services and possibly your cabin attendant can provide some insight.  Crew from all over the ship participate in muster.  A bartender could be the person holding a sign for B13.  An entertainer could be the muster station leader.  If you see any officer walking around, pose the question to them.  Ship security personnel while you are boarding may know.  Often when you first step foot on the ship there are many crew standing around waiting to answer questions.  They might even be wearing an "Ask me" t-shirt .   

People in the cruise terminal won't know.  They are local contractors who don't work on the ship.

ok.  Thanks.

Make sure you complete the Special Needs form: https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/allaboutcruising/guestSpecialNeeds.do

You will want to arrive at your Muster Station early. They will need to scan your mom's SeaPass card to check her in for the muster drill but they will guide her to the best area for her to stay throughout the drill.  

20 minutes ago, MaskedTurtle said:

Was theater your designated station or was that where you were told to hang out?

On my SeaPass card, my assembly station was A1... but many stations met in the theater. They even had us sort of compete who cheered the loudest.

I remember going on the deck where the actual station was in some of my past sailings.

On 10/20/2019 at 6:35 PM, PG Cruiser said:

On my SeaPass card, my assembly station was A1... but many stations met in the theater. They even had us sort of compete who cheered the loudest.

I remember going on the deck where the actual station was in some of my past sailings.

Sounds like you were on an Oasis or Quantum class. There are several muster stations in restaurants/theaters on those ships.

Since there is a great collection of cruise compasses, it's time to collect a list of muster stations/locations.

Anthem D1-  dining room

Oasis E3 - dining room

Edited by RicDalek
Add comment.

We were on Navigator in July.  We had an unusually long muster and my DD8 had to use the restroom.  There were a bunch of people with wheelchairs just outside the doors.  I saw they allowed those people to leave the area first to get to the elevators before the rest of us could leave.  

1 hour ago, melski94 said:

We were on Navigator in July.  We had an unusually long muster and my DD8 had to use the restroom.  There were a bunch of people with wheelchairs just outside the doors.  I saw they allowed those people to leave the area first to get to the elevators before the rest of us could leave.  

So, the wheelchairs were out on deck, probably at their stations, and they were allowed back inside first?  That sounds ok.  We don't mind having to go to the muster station, we just don't want to get tangled up in the crowd.  We know how many people are with wheelchairs.  They'll cut us off, stand right in front of us as we are trying to move.  We'll just have to ask when we get onboard how wheelchairs are to be handled.

7 hours ago, RicDalek said:

Sounds like you were on an Oasis or Quantum class. There are several muster stations in restaurants/theaters on those ships.

Since there is a great collection of cruise compasses, it's time to collect a list of muster stations/locations.

Anthem D1-  dining room

Oasis E3 - dining room

A few years ago, before my dad passed and before my mom needed the wheelchair, we were on the Explorer, and our muster station wound up being in the dining room.  This was going out of NJ, and it was a cold, wet day, so we were very happy.

21 hours ago, MaskedTurtle said:

So, the wheelchairs were out on deck, probably at their stations, and they were allowed back inside first?  That sounds ok.  We don't mind having to go to the muster station, we just don't want to get tangled up in the crowd.  We know how many people are with wheelchairs.  They'll cut us off, stand right in front of us as we are trying to move.  We'll just have to ask when we get onboard how wheelchairs are to be handled.

The wheel chairs were outside but not at their exact muster station.  I'm sure someone probably scanned the card in the muster station but they let them listen near the doors.  I thought it was nice to let them have a 2 minute head start over the crowd.  Just ask the crew.