Transatlantic weather

Tommy

I know this is subjective and almost impossible to answer.....but.........

We are travelling onboard Independence of the Seas next Saturday 26th October from Southampton direct to the Caribbean with, I think, the first nine days at sea. Has anybody experienced this and have you any idea how soon we are likely to be in weather good enough to lie by the pool?

Temperature at sea well away from land is almost exclusively a function of sea temperature.  If the sea is 15°C then that will likely be what the air temperature is.  

Sea temperatures should gradually increase with each passing day as you make your way South.  It's not necessarily linear as there are ocean currents involved but if you look at a weather map that displays ocean temperatures that is probably close to what you'll experience.

https://www.seatemperature.org/atlantic-ocean

Since we are in October right now the temperatures are not going to significantly different in a week or two.  

You could have rain or other clouds reducing the solar effects of the sun for laying around the pool but that is impossible to forecast at sea.  Strong sun days when the sea is 17°C can still be pleasant by the pool.  Overcast days with strong winds or rain and not so much.   

4 hours ago, Tommy said:

I know this is subjective and almost impossible to answer.....but.........

We are travelling onboard Independence of the Seas next Saturday 26th October from Southampton direct to the Caribbean with, I think, the first nine days at sea. Has anybody experienced this and have you any idea how soon we are likely to be in weather good enough to lie by the pool?

When we sailed from Southampton to the Canaries in mid-June, the first couple of days were cool, but that didn't stop folks from hanging by the pool.  Sailing from Baltimore in the fall, the first couple of days were also on the cool side.  I would expect to enjoy the hot tub rather than the pool.....