Royal Up bids, what should I bid?

RoyalUp doesn't change your original reservation.  If the kids aren't on your original reservation getting a RoyalUp bid won't add them.  i don't believe that you can add them without a reprice either.  

If you are working with a TA, I would speak with them about your options to get the kids added.  If you aren't working with a TA, this would be a great reason to transfer your reservation to one so they can explore the options with you.

6 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

RoyalUp doesn't change your original reservation.  If the kids aren't on your original reservation getting a RoyalUp bid won't add them.  i don't believe that you can add them without a reprice either.  

If you are working with a TA, I would speak with them about your options to get the kids added.  If you aren't working with a TA, this would be a great reason to transfer your reservation to one so they can explore the options with you.

He was, then we got a call two days ago saying they couldn’t guarantee 5 people and the oldest was waitlisted

1 minute ago, Anxious mom said:

He was, then we got a call two days ago saying they couldn’t guarantee 5 people and the oldest was waitlisted

Ouch...I didn't know that was a thing if they let you book with 5 in the first person on the original reservation, even for a guarantee.  They didn't give you any other options?  

The thing with RoyalUp is that it's not a guarantee that they even have the room available when they offer it to you for bids.  They collect bids so they can have them lined up in the case of a cancellation.  Your best bet is to upgrade yourself directly to the room you want with the guarantee that all five of you are in the room and on the reservation, but that's going to be limited by what is currently available for booking. 

5 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Your best bet is to upgrade yourself directly to the room you want with the guarantee that all five of you are in the room and on the reservation, but that's going to be limited by what is currently available for booking. 

There are no rooms currently available that will fit 5 people.  Only the crown lifts which only fit 4 ☹️