adding guest for a Coco Cay cabana

Srp431

We just booked a summer 2020 cruise on Harmony of the Seas and have a day at Coco Cay. I'm looking at cabana's for our family and another friend who will be booking the date, but has a different room. Can I book a cabana for my family of 4 and add the other guest at a later date without having to cancel my reservation and re-book it from 4 guests to 5?

1 hour ago, TXcruzer said:

When you book a cabana, you do not provide any guest details at the time of booking other than yourself. On the day you arrive at the cabana, you will be given ID bracelets to distribute to whomever you choose. 

thanks much. Was worried about losing the cabana, if we had to rebook. We booked one in the water park for 6 people $1,000 (cabana + water park passes)

6 hours ago, Srp431 said:

thanks much. Was worried about losing the cabana, if we had to rebook. We booked one in the water park for 6 people $1,000 (cabana + water park passes)

You should keep watching for a lower price.  Those go for $499 to $599 on all 7 of the 8 of the cruises I currently have booked.  If you see it lower, cancel and repurchase.  Maybe a good deal for it will be on Black Friday, if not before.

9 hours ago, ChrisK2793 said:

You should keep watching for a lower price.  Those go for $499 to $599 on all 7 of the 8 of the cruises I currently have booked.  If you see it lower, cancel and repurchase.  Maybe a good deal for it will be on Black Friday, if not before.

This is good advice, but I would add the caveat that I suggest you do this via phone versus entirely online, especially when dealing with something that has such limited availability.  I have heard stories of people cancelling and then having the item sell out in that small window before they can rebook, especially on a busy day such as Black Friday.  While dealing with an agent on the phone will certainly take longer, it will eliminate the possibility of losing the cabana entirely.

We were able to book our cabana for $399 at chill island.  We had 4 couples so we split it 4 ways!  Totally worth that price!  We showed up at the cabana checkin and they gave everyone in our group bracelets (4 different rooms of people).  Very easy!  When you get on the boat make sure you go to the excursion desk and pick your cabana though, they are not assigned and if you want a specific one go right away when you board the boat!!!

45 minutes ago, parothead said:

can anyone recommend a good Chill Island cabanna? farthest out? closest to water? what # cabanna did you have and did you like it?

We got the furthest one out.  Little more of a walk but no one walking in front of it and less people around!  We really liked it!  Sorry don't remember the number but when you go to the shore excursion desk its the one furthest  out on the point and closet to the water.

@parothead  We had Chill Island cabana #9. We loved the water view, and although there were cabanas on each side of us it felt private. This was just a couple weeks after Hurricane Dorian and not many cabanas were booked that day at all so that may account for it.  It seems they arrange them so you have a great view from any option but that's the only one we tried. I would have been happy with any of them.

Enjoy your trip!

13 hours ago, parothead said:

can anyone recommend a good Chill Island cabanna? farthest out? closest to water? what # cabanna did you have and did you like it?

You can no longer pick out your cabana number, it is assigned to you.   They assign it by the time of the booking.  IE if you were the 1st to book a cabana you will get number 1.   If you later on cancel and rebook than your number will change to where you stack on the list with the newest reservation.

We had cabana number 10.  It is the last cabana on the front row.  

They no longer have the extra decking.  The big thing about that cabana is the rock jedi is right next to it and so you get a nice cross breeze when it is hot, plus people in cabanas do not come that far down.  

If you have somebody with walking issues, or even little kids than you really want cabana 1,2 and 19  and 20.  They are located closest to where the tram drops you off and the bathrooms. 9,10, 11 and 12 are at the end.  It is not a long walk, but you will not see those things from the cabana....maybe 2 more minutes than 1 and 2 at a leisurely stroll

This was the 1st time we were assigned the cabana, before you could select it via 1st come 1st serve when you embarked.  Number 4-7 were what we liked.  Number 10 was amazing because it does offer more privacy.  

FYI, we really don't spend a ton of time in the cabana.  We like the cabanas for multiple reasons.

1. We have done a lot Caribbean cruises, so it is our big splurge....done the para sailing, the swimming with dolphins and sting rays, the catamarans, etc. 
  2.  We do not gamble.....again this is the splurge
  3.  We like the lounge area of the cabana....DH likes to snorkel, and he comes back, eats his lunch, takes a nap and than goes back snorkeling again
  4.  I like the floating beach mats that come with it.
  5.  I also like not having to flag down someone or getting up to get a drink.  The attendants we have had have always been amazing.

I am traveling to Coco Cay on June 9th on Mariner of the Seas and am looking at a Cabana for my family of 10.  We'll have six adult and four children ages 3, 4, 6, and 10.  The material says the cabana is for 8 people, leaving me short two.   Do the smaller children count or do I need to buy another cabana?  Or can I add two extra?  

On 10/26/2019 at 6:26 PM, MO & LO on the go! said:

We got the furthest one out.  Little more of a walk but no one walking in front of it and less people around!  We really liked it!  Sorry don't remember the number but when you go to the shore excursion desk its the one furthest  out on the point and closet to the water.

Is there a map showing the cabana numbers?

1 hour ago, Steve Condron said:

I am traveling to Coco Cay on June 9th on Mariner of the Seas and am looking at a Cabana for my family of 10.  We'll have six adult and four children ages 3, 4, 6, and 10.  The material says the cabana is for 8 people, leaving me short two.   Do the smaller children count or do I need to buy another cabana?  Or can I add two extra?  

My understanding is those age kids would all count.  I am not familiar with a way to "add" people to a single cabana beyond the 8.

50 minutes ago, Srp431 said:

Is there a map showing the cabana numbers?

There was when we picked it on the ship, but sounds like you are not able to pick anymore.

Don’t the Chill Island cabanas have a maximum of 6 - as do the Thrill Island and Oasis pool cabanas?

From what I can see in my Cruise Planner, the only cabanas that can accommodate 8 are in the Coco Beach Club restricted section (landside & overwater). For those, in a landside cabana for sure, all you’d need would be two extra child-priced Day passes to the Beach Club.

Book the landside cabana in the name of one adult, and add the two kids’ Day passes from the same room to the booking at the same time. That should fly without a hitch, as there’s no restricted access to those cabanas once in the Beach Club. However, expect some difficulty with doing that with the overwater cabanas though, since those are “off” the beach.

1 hour ago, GrandmaAirplane said:

Don’t the Chill Island cabanas have a maximum of 6 - as do the Thrill Island and Oasis pool cabanas?

From what I can see in my Cruise Planner, the only cabanas that can accommodate 8 are in the Coco Beach Club restricted section (landside & overwater). For those, in a landside cabana for sure, all you’d need would be two extra child-priced Day passes to the Beach Club.

Book the landside cabana in the name of one adult, and add the two kids’ Day passes from the same room to the booking at the same time. That should fly without a hitch, as there’s no restricted access to those cabanas once in the Beach Club. However, expect some difficulty with doing that with the overwater cabanas though, since those are “off” the beach.

We had a chill island cabana and we had 8.   That was the maximum allowed 

22 minutes ago, MO & LO on the go! said:

We had a chill island cabana and we had 8.   That was the maximum allowed 

Thank you!!
When I first booked our cruise, it said 6 in our Cruise Planner - being 8 in our family group, we didn’t book it.

I went back and checked again, and now it allows for 8... sometime this year it must have been changed, and I’m very pleased about it - let’s see if it becomes a Black Friday deal! ?

• 2 months later...

Hi there. I booked a cabana on the Oasis Lagoon. I could not specify the cabana number when booking and I don't see one on the reservation. Is it possible when I immediately get on board to go to the Excursion Desk and see if I can request a particular cabana number? I have no idea which way the numbers go - but I would prefer one of the ones closer to the swim up bar.

Thank you.

9 minutes ago, BeagleAgility said:

I could not specify the cabana number when booking and I don't see one on the reservation. Is it possible when I immediately get on board to go to the Excursion Desk and see if I can request a particular cabana number?

While I don't have personal experience with the system, based on other poster's reports it seems that cabana numbers are assigned chronologically by booking.  First to book gets #1 (or whatever the lowest number in that area is), etc.

• 3 months later...
14 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

If you have at least two people on the reservation.  When you book the cabana it asks you which passenger is booking it.  If you select 2 passengers on the sailing it will book two cabanas.  

Ok, that's what I thought, but when I tried to book over the phone I was told only one Cabana per reservation.  But then was able to book 2 online... Very confusing.  

• 1 year later...

I got confused with adding guests to my Coco Beach Club cabana reservation.  It says something like  "From here on you can add guests..."  But when I added guests, an error message showed up "Guest error selection"... "You must pick one guest".

What's happening here?

@AshleyDillo, how did you add guests to your reservation?

45 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

@AshleyDillo, how did you add guests to your reservation?

You don't online, from what I recall the extent of adding guests what informing the cabana check-in host when you got there.

Added post: When you starting added members online it treats it as they are booking their own cabana. Best way of thinking when it comes to cabanas is the person you select is the point of contact for the rental.

21 hours ago, CGTLH said:

You don't online, from what I recall the extent of adding guests what informing the cabana check-in host when you got there.

Added post: When you starting added members online it treats it as they are booking their own cabana. Best way of thinking when it comes to cabanas is the person you select is the point of contact for the rental.

Royal should work on making their online instructions better and clearer...

1501814555_ScreenShot2021-10-02at9_36_27AM.png.bae386127190341049c670453a885292.png

12 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

Royal should work at making their online instructions better and clearer...

1501814555_ScreenShot2021-10-02at9_36_27AM.png.bae386127190341049c670453a885292.png

Agree, just the way they handle purchases of items that multiple people can use. Another great example is multi device Voom. If you add additional members within you booking it treats it as purchasing additional multi device packages.

• 8 months later...
On 6/21/2022 at 1:18 PM, itabee said:

I booked Coco Beach Club cabana, limit says 8 but we are a party of 10. If 2 people just purchase the All Day Pass - will they be able to hang out in the cabana with the rest of us?

They should be able to hang out without a problem, but you never know so don't expect it and be surprised if it is allowed.

Just remember the cabana attendant service is supposed to be only for 8, so if you have extras and the attendants are serving them as well, tip accordingly!

There really is no way to discern who is there via a cabana or a day pass once you go through the entrance of the beach club. There are wristbands in the cabana but those are for returning to the beach club if you choose to leave to explore the island.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I have a party of 11 and wanted to book a coco beach club cabana! I know there is an 8 person capacity but I read somewhere that we can purchase extra spots for an additional $50 a person over the 8. Can someone confirm this?

Thank you

On 6/21/2022 at 1:18 PM, itabee said:

I booked Coco Beach Club cabana, limit says 8 but we are a party of 10. If 2 people just purchase the All Day Pass - will they be able to hang out in the cabana with the rest of us?

Hello, did you cruise already? If so, what was the outcome? I am in the same situation, however, I have 11 in my group.

Thank you!