Can I take an Uber to be dropped off for my cruise?

I've only been on one cruise and we drove ourselves when we went. 

They checked our passports and cruise tickets before they would let us through. 

I was wondering if you can uber to the port to be dropped off? Will the Uber driver need their passport as well? Parking was expensive and we have the option to leave our car with a relative instead.

It seems like a silly question, but I couldn't find an answer anywhere and my sister and I just want to be sure!

Thank you in advance!

1 hour ago, twangster said:

In Port Everglades a ride share driver will need to access the waybill section of app to show to the guard but they don't need a passport. 

Most other ports do not have this requirement.  Port Everglades is a fuel depot that supplies much of South Florida so they have enhanced security procedures.  

Just curious, I sometimes use a limo to go or return from PE and they have to pay a fee to the port I wonder if it's the same for Uber and Lyft?

I went to Port Everglades once with a Lyft driver.  When we got to the security gate, the guard asked to check my passport and my wife's, and then asked to see the driver's license.  No problem right?  Well, one problem, actually.  The Lyft driver didn't have a license on her!  We had to pull over and explain the situation to a sheriff's deputy before we were allowed in.  

(For the record, I didn't rate that a 5-star ride)

Like everyone else has stated, Port Everglades will require that you show your SetSail and your ID.  But the rideshare driver also has to show their ID..in fact if your friend dropped you off they would have to show ID.  Everyone has to have ID to access Port Everglades..all it really needs to be is a valid driver's license.  You would think Uber/Lyft drivers in the Ft. Lauderdale area would be used to this, but our last trip it was the driver's first foray into Port Everglades and he didn't know what he was doing.  I got worried that he didn't have a valid license on him at that point..but finally he showed something in the app and got us through...but phew!