Delayed check-in notification for upcoming Symphony cruise.

LuciaYSL

Hi first time RCCL guest here and first time cruiser. 
One week out from cruise date on Symphony of the Seas, and I just received an email notifying me of a delay for my previously scheduled check-in time of 12:30. The email stated that due to US Coast guard mandatory inspection, prior to the start of boarding, our check in time is pushed back to 1pm. 
Not a major issue, however I was planning on heading to the terminal early, to take advantage of avoiding the peak rush. Has any other travelers encounter this before?  Is this normal procedure?  Should I plan on not heading to the terminal as early, since I most likely won’t be able to board?  Please advise.  
Thank you. 

I,wouldn't say it is normal, but it does happen, the good news is they did give you a heads up and you didn't show up to early and have to,stand forever. It has happened to us once and to be honest it was very crowded, I would still arrive at least by 12:30 or so and hope,everything is,cleared by 1 pm. Don't let it ruin an awesome trip planned.

That happened to us on our June voyage on Mariner.  Coast Guard inspection.  Our scheduled boarding time was 12 noon (first time cruisers with no perks) but we arrived early and sat around in a crowded RCCL Port Canaveral lounge.  Boarding did begin at noon but we had to wait our turn until our section was called.  But once things got moving we got onboard pretty quickly.  I think those most inconvenienced were those who wanted to get on the boat earliest.