Checking in

Alibou3193

Is there a difference btn checking in online prior to your cruise vs. checking in at the counter after you get through security? I was reading an article on embarkation day, and it started with what to do when you arrive to the port. Checking in at the counter while you arrive in the terminal was one of them. I just want to make sure we don't miss anything! 

Screenshot_20191018-213720.png

Checking in online just shortens the process. Instead of an agent having to fill in all the information you have done it ahead of time.

It also helps just getting into the terminal by bringing the SetSail. This keeps the agents at the door from having to cross reference you on the manifest.

Our first cruise with Royal was out of Ft. Lauderdale. We showed up when the “check in” time told us to (which had to have been around 12:30 or 1:00 pm. ) It was busy, but the line was always moving. It took about 45 minutes to an hour to get on board. 

This last cruise, our entire group checked in online. That means your picture is already done, your documents signed and have your set sail pass in hand. At the time we checked in, there never seemed to be more than 20-30 people in any of the different loyalty lines. The terminal seemed like a well oiled machine. 

Definitely check in before the terminal, and just have your passport/ID in hand with your set sail pass. The quicker you get through the line, the faster you get to the bar!

8 hours ago, Alibou3193 said:

Is there a difference btn checking in online prior to your cruise vs. checking in at the counter after you get through security? I was reading an article on embarkation day, and it started with what to do when you arrive to the port. Checking in at the counter while you arrive in the terminal was one of them. I just want to make sure we don't miss anything! 

Screenshot_20191018-213720.png

You can check in online with everything but the photo, if you want to.  That is what we do.  It takes less than a minute for the agent to take a photo at the Port.  Sometimes when you upload a photo they retake it anyway.  Concur with @S0nny , and we've found Port Canaveral is very fast.

On 10/19/2019 at 8:48 AM, Mr. Candyman said:

facial recognition software

I was reading the terms of service and noticed this! Apparently they also use it to make identifying your onboard pictures easier too. Gone are the days of printing out thousands of pictures only to throw them away. Not a huge fan of having a company manage this, but I suppose it’s almost inevitable at this point...