Seattle flight

Johnson84

It kind of depends from where you're flying, but that's not a bad price. I downloaded the Hopper app and it makes suggestions of the best time to buy.  I'm actually surprised . you're finding flights for next Aug already out there.  I can never book flights more than about 8 months prior (maybe it's just who I fly through).  I had to pay over $380 pp from Mpls to Seattle last June.

1 hour ago, Johnson84 said:

We are cruising to Alaska Aug/2020, right now flights to Seattle are $297 round trip, opinions if that is a good price or do you think they will drop more before than?

Where are you departing from? That makes a big difference. If you're flying from Spokane, it's an okay price. If you're flying from Boston, it's a really good price. 

I fly to Seattle a lot for work (work in aerospace) and Seattle flights tend to be surprisingly cheap. 

To me $300 seems a bit high, but not by very much. I've gotten flights from SFO/OAK to SEA anywhere between $150-300 depending on when I booked and flight times.

I second the surprise at the flights being available to book this far out. Were all the airlines available? If not, you might want to wait until more are released, which (in theory) might lead to lower prices among all carriers once there's some competition.

Using the graphing feature of Google Flights you can go forward and backwards to look at pricing over time.  Cheapest rates for you right now are in January and February around 100-120 day mark.

1189275652_SLCSEAwinter2020.thumb.jpeg.e7e7d230311c1ae0590bee46d7f937de.jpeg

Moving forward to summer 2020 and rates are higher.  That's because no one knows what the price of oil will be in six months time.  If oil goes up so will flight costs.  Airline nudge prices up in the far future to protect themselves.  As your dates come closer the airlines will have better vision with respect to the cost of fuel so they might lower prices.  On the other hand if oil does go up significantly, that rate you have today may look like a bargain come March.  

1783196881_SLCSEAsummer2020.thumb.jpeg.3fe8afef6a426abf1ae060328df5f044.jpeg

It's a crystal ball question.  How clear is your crystal ball?

19 hours ago, Zacharius said:

Where are you departing from? That makes a big difference. If you're flying from Spokane, it's an okay price. If you're flying from Boston, it's a really good price. 

I fly to Seattle a lot for work (work in aerospace) and Seattle flights tend to be surprisingly cheap. 

My wife works for the aerospace company too lol ?

18 hours ago, KJones said:

I second the surprise at the flights being available to book this far out. Were all the airlines available? If not, you might want to wait until more are released, which (in theory) might lead to lower prices among all carriers once there's some competition.

Most flights become available to book 330 days before departure. SW being a big exception.