Kid's Club Question

DChapetta

I will be going on Mariner of the Seas next year and looking for information on the kids club.  We have previously been on a Disney cruise and it was basically a drop-off for the kids and pick-up when we wanted and the kids were busy doing what they wanted.

So, my question is I found an Explorers (6-8 years) and Voyagers (9-11 years) groups.  My kids will be 8 and 10 at the time. How strict are the age restrictions? Will my kids not be able to do stuff together if they went to the kids club? 

Also, is tipping expected? 

Thanks

It’s slightly more structured for Royal. There are three sessions, morning, afternoon, evening. I am not positive of the exact times. I do know that the evening ends at 10, but you can stay later for a fee.  I think the times are 9-12, 1-4, 8-10.

Your 8 year old may be able to join the older kids, but that may vary based on numbers and staffing to maintain appropriate ratios. There is no harm in asking, but be prepared for a denial. 

I have not tipped, nor have I heard if it’s expected. 

On 10/17/2019 at 7:07 PM, Neesa said:

What time does the club area for the 13 year olds stay open until? If staying past 2200hrs do you pay by the hour? Does anyone know the cost? Thank you!

For 12 & up the club can stay open up until curfew which is 1:00am  There isn't a charge for that age group because they can come and go as they please