Confused with RoyalUp

Mackensie

My husband and I are traveling with our 3 kids and have two state rooms. I received a RoyalUp email and can upgrade to a 2-room Grand Suite. If I bid and get it, can our kids stay in the room with us? I don’t care if we don’t get the kid’s room cancelled/reimbursed. Has anyone done

this before??

26 minutes ago, Mackensie said:

My husband and I are traveling with our 3 kids and have two state rooms. I received a RoyalUp email and can upgrade to a 2-room Grand Suite. If I bid and get it, can our kids stay in the room with us? I don’t care if we don’t get the kid’s room cancelled/reimbursed. Has anyone done

this before??

Seems like you could but I would call and ask before bidding.

@Mackensie  Hi and welcome to the RCB forums.

I must say that I have never done this before.  And it sounds like you have already made your final payment, so getting your money back on kid's room may be an issue like you seem to be expecting.  But, I don't see any reason if you win your RU bid for a GS that you can't have your kids in that room with you.  You can try calling RCL to see what they have to say, but they don't always provide consistent answers.  Maybe just do it if you win and don't tell them...

15 minutes ago, YOLO said:

@Mackensie  Hi and welcome to the RCB forums.

I must say that I have never done this before.  And it sounds like you have already made your final payment, so getting your money back on kid's room may be an issue like you seem to be expecting.  But, I don't see any reason if you win your RU bid for a GS that you can't have your kids in that room with you.  You can try calling RCL to see what they have to say, but they don't always provide consistent answers.  Maybe just do it if you win and don't tell them...

I agree RCI is not going to check who is sleeping where, just get extra keys for 3 kids. If and it a big if you bid and win.

5 hours ago, Mackensie said:

this before??

You would be fine doing this.  Many people have done this.  As long as you are ok with the room you are paying for but no one sleeping in.

One thing to keep in the back of your head is that if you win the Royal up, and get extra keys for the kids, the kids will still have to keep their original muster station, as those are determined by stateroom locations, so in the event of a true emergency, you could be separated. I think a phone call after the fact if the upgrade is approved to officially move them into the suite would be a great idea.

6 hours ago, bmatrose said:

So in reality you can book one of these Suites with just two people and purchase a interior room for the other two people and have everyone stay in the Suite.  RCCL allows that?  I would think they would want to charge everyone at the Suite rate.

Technically they could sleep in the suite with you, but they would not get any of the perks like lounge access or reserved seating at shows.