Royal Caribbean App

29 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

Be nice if that was available on Harmony in Nov as we are vacationing with another couple....

No cost to use the app when on board I am assuming?

Harmony has also been a test ship for app chat:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2019/02/07/spotted-chat-feature-added-harmony-of-the-seas

No cost to use the app or the chat feature so far.  It's been in beta for a very long time. 

Can only assume they are having a lot of problems and can't get it stable enough to offer wide spread.   I always get nervous when a company promises features then puts it in beta for over a year but stops progressing it forward.

Interesting..seems like a long period of time for sure. Makes you wonder.

Be interesting to see how well it works. The app seems to be working well now for info on my upcoming cruise....the planner...menu's etc.....its handy to have. I am still old school and love having the daily cruise compass in hand each day but this does have some advantages to it if its working properly.

The problem with the chat feature is when you send someone a message it doesn't show up on your phone that you have a message unless you have the app open.. Now who is going to constantly have the app open? So its kind of pointless because unless you constantly keep opening the app you will never know someone is trying to reach you. 

19 hours ago, monctonguy said:

Interesting..seems like a long period of time for sure. Makes you wonder.

I truly believe this is a result of years of people complaining the website is bad, and so they are waiting till the chat is more complete rather than releasing it in early stage.

I admit, I thought it would have been done by now. But developing for a cruise ship is a whole different animal compared to anything on land.

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

I truly believe this is a result of years of people complaining the website is bad, and so they are waiting till the chat is more complete rather than releasing it in early stage.

When @Matt says "I truly believe" or "I think...." im convinced he KNOWS. He has his RC news story videos completed so quickly, and blog posts done so quickly, that im convinced he has these things done, waiting for RC to release a statement, and BAM....he goes live with it. Either that or hes the quickest content creator ever.....perhaps hes a wizard, or a genie....hmmmmm......

.Thinking Reaction GIF by reactionseditor