Room Service

mcoler18

2 hours ago, mcoler18 said:

I know its probabaly like how long is a piece of string but how long does room service ususally take if you were to order a few hot items (chicken wings, pizza etc) late at night?

On a Harmony sailing we ordered a bunch of stuff at 1am and it probably took close to 2 hours to get it.  We ordered through the TV and got a call a few minutes later letting us know they were slammed and that it was going to take at least an hour and a half and asked if we still wanted to go ahead or cancel.  Usually you can expect 30-45 minutes.

1 hour ago, AshleyDillo said:

On a Harmony sailing we ordered a bunch of stuff at 1am and it probably took close to 2 hours to get it.  We ordered through the TV and got a call a few minutes later letting us know they were slammed and that it was going to take at least an hour and a half and asked if we still wanted to go ahead or cancel.  Usually you can expect 30-45 minutes.

Thats good that they let you know.

On 10/17/2019 at 6:03 AM, Matt said:

Ever since Royal Caribbean changed to charging for room service, the time it takes to get an order has gotten much better, IMO.

When you say charge do you mean just the tip or do they charge per item ordered?

I remember reading somewhere that room service was free on symphony of the seas but you just have to tip now?

Could you confirm this?

8 minutes ago, TJ! said:

When you say charge do you mean just the tip or do they charge per item ordered?

I remember reading somewhere that room service was free on symphony of the seas but you just have to tip now?

Could you confirm this?

Room service is $7.95 + 18% gratuity - you can order 1 thing or 20 things, it costs the exact same.

4 minutes ago, TXcruzer said:

Yet people complain about it endlessly, as if $9.38 is highway robbery and a reason to “never cruise again!!” 

tbh i was preparing my mental state to pay per item ordered and was just hoping it would be reasonable.

this already exceeded my expectations, i guess it helps to have expectations low sometimes haha!

16 hours ago, TJ! said:

tbh i was preparing my mental state to pay per item ordered and was just hoping it would be reasonable.

this already exceeded my expectations, i guess it helps to have expectations low sometimes haha!

Words that I live by....keep the expectations low and you'll never be disappointed.  

We are fans of rooms service. Breakfast in the room daily and probably at least another snack/meal later to be enjoyed on our balcony. What we have found is if you tip well (cash) early on then the service is always great. I am not sure if because of scheduling or because we tip we get the same crew members delivering the food throughout the cruise. For the extra few bucks it costs it is totally worth it to us for the service IMO - we are on vacation and these folks are working very hard and they seem to appreciate it. And for a total of $16 (delivery charge + gratuity + cash tip)  we are getting hot food delivered to our room and as much of it as we want in 30 minutes. I don't know about anyone else but I cant get that at any hotel or any restaurant near me at home!

The highest level of cabin we stay in is Jr Suite and free of charge delivery room service is not available at that level but I think I have read on here that when you get into the Uber expensive cabins its free.