Gold: Priority Check in

AlayneR

Just now, AlayneR said:

Sailing tomorrow on Empress out of Miami. My friend is gold level, I am not. Can anyone explain the priority check-in benefit and since we are sailing together am I able access to gold member lounge with her? 

Might as well ask her to stay and check-in with you.  The priority given to Gold level is not much different from general boarding.

Royal boards it's ship with based on C&A status level.  Those always start with the top levels first and they make their way down to Gold.  This can vary from port to port but generally speaking Gold may be invited to board before those with no status or "Pre-Gold" status.

The folks working in the terminal are not Royal employees and they can enforce the rules differently, but once Gold is called to board you might be allowed to board with your Gold friend or they could inform you it's not your turn yet.  It's worth a shot but don't be offended if they enforce the rules.  

We sailed on Empress Nov 2018 out of Miami. My husband and I were Gold level, and the other 4 in the group were NOT. There was a separate and longer line for the NON-loyalty members to check in. We told the person directing the passengers that they were with us and kindly asked if we could all check in together. They let us! 

There was no separate lounge, but we were able to board just in front of the non-gold members! 

Hope it works for you too! Happy sailing!