Hello! I Am A Crew Member!

CHRIS WONG

4 hours ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

Is this a joke? I hope so. If not this may be one of the rudest things I’ve ever seen on here. 

Many of us here know that @JLMoran is about as far from rude as you can get. 

Perhaps it did not come off the right way, but I think that he is simply trying to offer advice and perspective to @CHRIS WONG who seems to have a serious interest in vlogging.  Sorry @CHRIS WONG for the side track on this post. ?

1 minute ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Many of us here know that @JLMoran is about as far from rude as you can get. 

Perhaps it did not come off the right way, but I think that he is simply trying to offer advice and perspective to @CHRIS WONG who seems to have a serious interest in vlogging.  Sorry @CHRIS WONG for the side track on this post. ?

Re-read his original post, he was not offering advise. He requested that Chris purchase an expensive piece of equipment so he would have an easier time watching his videos. I just don’t see how anyone could see anything different. 

On 11/17/2019 at 9:54 AM, JLMoran said:

No, I'm quite serious. My motion sickness is so bad that I can't play, or watch someone playing, a first-person shooter game with lots of running around and rapid turning for more than two minutes without getting queasy. I can't ride in any car or bus without a clear window view (i.e., no sitting in the middle surrounded by strap hangers), and I can't watch a single movie that has been shot using hand-held cameras (e.g., The Hurt Locker, Blair Witch Project). And yes, I get sea sick if the motion in the ocean becomes really noticeable and I don't have a view out the window. My last trip on Anthem, for the second such trip in the row, the motion in the ocean on the last sea day was bad enough that I had a really hard time for a good chunk of the evening.

Motion sensitivity is a real thing, and I've had it pretty bad my entire life. I can't explain why, but but for me it's by far the worst with camera motion (real or simulated). I phrased my request as politely as I could, knowing it was going to sound weird no matter what. I truly enjoy watching vlogs like these, but I just can't do it if the end result is that I'm going to literally become physically ill within a few minutes.

My wife is pardon the pun in the same boat with motion sickness. The tough part is that for the unaffected, people just don't get it. We have heard it all "can't you just tough it out?'  Being motion sick for her is like feeling a vague unknown  nausea all over her body. Also the impact lingers for hours once she is sick.  We are cruising for the 1st time since our honeymoon and this could be our last if the motion sickness is problematic. She has a med patch which usually works and by the way Dramamine makes the sweetest person on Earth homicidal.  

2 hours ago, foxrunner said:

My wife is pardon the pun in the same boat with motion sickness. The tough part is that for the unaffected, people just don't get it. We have heard it all "can't you just tough it out?'  Being motion sick for her is like feeling a vague unknown  nausea all over her body. Also the impact lingers for hours once she is sick.  We are cruising for the 1st time since our honeymoon and this could be our last if the motion sickness is problematic. She has a med patch which usually works and by the way Dramamine makes the sweetest person on Earth homicidal.  

No one is denying that motion sickness is real and potentially debilitating, my issue was what I thought was a rude request. 

I'm currently in my hotel in Miami, resting, before joining Oasis tomorrow. It feels like I'm on a mini-vacation. It's so nice to have a little break in the middle of the contract. This is also a great time for me to edit all my YouTube videos.

Anyway, here's the new vlog.

How long is my contract?

3 hours ago, CHRIS WONG said:

I'm currently in my hotel in Miami, resting, before joining Oasis tomorrow. It feels like I'm on a mini-vacation. It's so nice to have a little break in the middle of the contract. This is also a great time for me to edit all my YouTube videos.

Anyway, here's the new vlog.

How long is my contract?

Hey @CHRIS WONG, what does your friend do on the Navigator?  sorry if I missed it in the vid!

Hey Chris - I sure am excited for you!

There is (or was last November) a lovely young bartender from Trinidad named Trisha.  If you happen to 

meet her and remember, please tell her "Hi" for me!  We first met in Jan '18 and then finally found her 

again in November.  A truly wonderful person.

Best to you as you start this new chapter in your book!!!

4 hours ago, Zenosusmom said:

Hey https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/profile/14291-chris-wong/

Currently watching the Ft Lauderdale cruise terminal web cam.  Oasis is beautifully lit against the night sky.  She is huge!  What time do you have to report tomorrow?  What time does she depart tomorrow and what is her intinerary? 

We are leaving the hotel at 7am. Hopefully I'll get some sleep tonight.

5 hours ago, CHRIS WONG said:

You guys are not ready for the vlogs I am about to post! I've just finished editing my tour of Oasis, and uploading as I type this. And the crew internet on Oasis is super fast, so I should be able to post more frequently.

You are a tease!  I looked onYoutube and nothing there yet ?  Glad you are enjoying the ship.  Matts pictures and videos are awesome as well.

6 hours ago, CHRIS WONG said:

You guys are not ready for the vlogs I am about to post! I've just finished editing my tour of Oasis, and uploading as I type this. And the crew internet on Oasis is super fast, so I should be able to post more frequently.

COUNTERPOINT: I am extremely ready to see these vlogs!  ? . Looking forward to the tour, and hope your transition is a smooth one!