Oasis of the Seas - Star Class - Royal Genie

Pookie

Day three happenings:

After stuffing in enough breakfast to satisfy a medium sized whale, we heard the  Alpha, Alpha, Alpha call and shortly after a helicopter came. Hopefully that person is ok.  A second helicopter came and took the family.  Prayers for them.disembarkation was closed at that time as the helicopter lands on the pier.

Once the first helicopter left, we waddled down the half mile of hall to meet Allen at the elevator where he used his magic card to whisk us straight down.  The timing was off when they reopened disembarkation.  We were standing off to the side and they started up the escalator from the floor above.  They were not letting people off yet and a whole crush of people came streaming down with nowhere to go.  We were amazed no one got hurt or mutilated.

I believe they said it was 94 degrees. The trio of us sweaty Bettys traipsed about the island, taking gratuitous pics of ourselves and the scenery, then ended up Oceanside by the landing for the zip line watching people pretend to be birds.  Had some lunch which was ok at best. Then we hopped on a boat excursion that took us along the coast and came back.

Jumped back on our ship, watched sail away from our balcony, snuck in a small nap, spruced ourselves up and went to Chefs table.

Eight people did not show for this dinner.  At first they thought it was the family that had the medical emergency but it was not them. That would be understandable.  It was really awful of the no shows to do that after listening to how much time and effort was put into that meal, the timing involved in serving the food perfectly and holding up the rest of us at the table for over a half hour.  
The meal was lovely, the mucho wino even lovelier, conversation was witty and the event took about three hours.  We rushed back to catch the Journey cover band from the balcony.  Journey is one of my favorite bands. This band made my ears bleed. They must have thought having the bass and the instruments cranked to the max helped deliver a stellar performance.  It did not.  You could barely hear the singer.  
Pics of highlights in next post.

What great day 4!

Woke early, bellinis, mimosas, pot of coffee and Delaneys standing Starbucks order delivered right on time.

We braved the Windjammer after all the liquids, I believe to Allan’s dismay.  Miss D can now say she’s been there, done that.  I think the deciding factor of not doing that again for her, was there were no mini croissants?

Allan met us at the elevator with his magic card and whisked off the ship at warp speed.  We then bumbled around the market place, smoking the numbers off our credit card then hopped right back on the ship.  We placed an order for Johnny Rockets and drinks with no ice with Allan and everything was delivered in about 20 minutes and we ate it on the balcony. Napped and now we are on our way out to Izumi for dinner.  
And Delaney actually squealed when she saw what was waiting for her.  See pic for details?

35F7A4CE-3AA1-40BE-A98C-92CB249AF8AA.jpeg

B16666F5-AF43-4524-A64E-EEBAA97AE8F7.jpeg

08CAC012-F955-4D89-B04C-6952C2C8F5C4.jpeg

31920CD4-18D6-4FA5-9B70-10D8648BF4F1.jpeg

I've been too busy recently and FINALLY got a chance to get on here and follow along (last minute cruise preparations and all),  and I have a few observations 1) I love the T-Shirts.  2) Allan seems awesome, and I hope he is still on the ship next year when we are in that room. 3) Speaking of which, since we are in the same cabin, please refrain from destroying the place?

Hope the rest of your time there is great, which I assume will be!

45 minutes ago, emsff02 said:

I've been too busy recently and FINALLY got a chance to get on here and follow along (last minute cruise preparations and all),  and I have a few observations 1) I love the T-Shirts.  2) Allan seems awesome, and I hope he is still on the ship next year when we are in that room. 3) Speaking of which, since we are in the same cabin, please refrain from destroying the place?

Hope the rest of your time there is great, which I assume will be!

I’m sure the pressed ham I did will be gone by then??? we did have a toilet issue and one call to Allan and it was fixed within 15 minutes!

3 hours ago, Ogilthorpe said:

Has a trend been established?

Has a new tradition been created?

?????

I have already decided that this will be one of the first things I do when I get there! Gotta convince the rest of the people sailing with us to do it as well, just like those goofy stick figures people put on the back of their cars.

Not gonna lie...a little disappointed that the sushi making class is at a table. I had visions of myself standing behind a sushi bar, rolling things and shouting out random Japanese phrases (mostly Styx lyrics from the early 80's).

On the other hand, the hats completely save everything. LOVE that look.

Also, how many people do they take in the escape room at a time?

2 hours ago, Vangrizz said:

Not gonna lie...a little disappointed that the sushi making class is at a table. I had visions of myself standing behind a sushi bar, rolling things and shouting out random Japanese phrases (mostly Styx lyrics from the early 80's).

On the other hand, the hats completely save everything. LOVE that look.

Also, how many people do they take in the escape room at a time?

@Lovetocruise2002 we had 6, private star class session!    I do not know the max , but it is a decent sized room...