Oasis of the Seas - Star Class - Royal Genie

Pookie

50 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

@Pookie Oasis is due to sail back into Miami (from her charter sailing) around 7pm. Maybe you will catch it live if you are in the area! 

I’m glad you mentioned this. I was planning on getting up in the middle of the night and watching for her...?

happy jonah hill GIF
Currently trying to keep my child-like glee under control and be patient until everyone awakens.  
This is a nice outlet for extra energy?

The Intercontinental is beautiful with a gorgeous view of cruise ship row.  The Miami marathon this weekend, so it was difficult for our taxi to get to the hotel. (I do not understand running marathons.  I did a 5k once, just to say I did it.  You will not see me doing that again unless a wild animal or a clown with a knife is chasing me) He dropped us about a half block away and a manager saw us unloading and sprinted over to help and called a trolley for our luggage. All of the staff have been most helpful without even asking. 
After settling in, we walked a couple blocks to the Bayfront Market, shopped (Hubster is happy, he purchased a couple of psycho bunny shirts), we nibbled food at a couple of restaurants, people watched and drank many mojitos. 
Came  back and hung out, napped and then went downstairs to Toro Toro for dinner.  
The food was fantastic!  Had a touch of the food coma already...but we will soldier on!

I’m gazing out the window, watching the sun rise on Ms. Oasis’ splendid beauty??

3 hours ago, Pookie said:

The Miami marathon this weekend, so it was difficult for our taxi to get to the hotel. (I do not understand running marathons.  I did a 5k once, just to say I did it.  You will not see me doing that again unless a wild animal or a clown with a knife is chasing me)

Honestly, a clown chasing me wouldn't even need a knife. ? Just laughing and chasing would be more than enough.

Enjoy the day!

We were set up for Uber this morning.  Two drivers cancelled because the cops wouldn’t let them through to the hotel.  One persevered and made it through. Had to loop around and come through the tunnel. Made it to the terminal at 10:03, hubster fought off any and all porters trying to make off with our luggage, stating he was under strict orders from me. ?Made the guy who ended up as our porter show identification and swear on a bible under penalty of some slight mutilation that he was indeed a star porter.

We turned down Joyce taking us aboard wanting to wait for Allen and to also absorb some of the ambience of the lovely suite lounge in the terminal.  Two minutes later Allen was there and he just awesome!

Guess what was waiting in our room!

Pretzel M & Ms!

Check it out all the other bounty:

914D22CC-C5D2-4382-91AF-3B0FB60B3FEB.jpeg

A93B95C4-A1BC-443A-A2D4-6A7FC3699EAA.jpeg

76BC27B4-480B-489E-9D64-78C98BFA65A8.jpeg

7B1533D8-35B0-4D00-8934-54EF6A717DAE.jpeg

0CF24936-08DA-47FC-980A-DAB7D6FCFBC6.jpeg

C4E7C106-262C-4FF6-802E-AC21DBEC61EC.jpeg

17B91B0B-6EE4-4943-AAC4-2E1FF61F2671.jpeg

89073EE6-3337-4A78-9C4E-5B13AB64E93B.jpeg

518C1228-A66C-44A2-A0B6-3385BE005FA6.jpeg

25 minutes ago, Pookie said:

Made it to the terminal at 10:03, hubster fought off any and all porters trying to make off with our luggage, stating he was under strict orders from me. ?Made the guy who ended up as our porter show identification and swear on a bible under penalty of some slight mutilation that he was indeed a star porter.

LOL. ?? We had a similar situation boarding Anthem in Bayonne. After everything I read on the blogs about needing to defend against porters, I think maybe I was too defensive?? 

47 minutes ago, Pookie said:

Made it to the terminal at 10:03, hubster fought off any and all porters trying to make off with our luggage, stating he was under strict orders from me. ?Made the guy who ended up as our porter show identification and swear on a bible under penalty of some slight mutilation that he was indeed a star porter.

15 minutes ago, Karannk said:

LOL. ?? We had a similar situation boarding Anthem in Bayonne. After everything I read on the blogs about needing to defend against porters, I think maybe I was too defensive?? 

I thank and blame @WAAAYTOOO for this! LOL!  All I could hear was her telling me, "DO NOT SURRENDER THOSE BAGS!"  I probably looked and sounded crazy last year.  I feel better about next month at Terminal A because I know my way around the suite boarding already from last July.

@Pookie It looks like your cruise is off to a great start!  I love those tumblers with the anchor on them!  Maybe you can drop a hint to Izzy that I love them. ?

What's the significance of the book (50 States 5000 Ideas) on the stand by the mirror?  Was the from something that you noted on your survey?

6 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I thank and blame @WAAAYTOOO for this! LOL!  All I could hear was her telling me, "DO NOT SURRENDER THOSE BAGS!"  I probably looked and sounded crazy last year.  I feel better about next month at Terminal A because I know my way around the suite boarding already from last July.

@Pookie It looks like your cruise is off to a great start!  I love those tumblers with the anchor on them!  Maybe you can drop a hint to Izzy that I love them. ?

What's the significance of the book (50 States 5000 Ideas) on the stand by the mirror?  Was the from something that you noted on your survey?

I will drop the hint about the tumblers. The book was for Delaney from Allen. She did note on the survey she likes to travel...

2 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I feel like I'm the one that's going to be fighting off the porters while I wrangle 2 kids when I go because well my husband is too nice though i did threaten him that if he let our bags go to anyone aside a star porter hed end up with a VERY angry wife lol 

37 minutes ago, Lryoon said:

I feel like I'm the one that's going to be fighting off the porters while I wrangle 2 kids when I go because well my husband is too nice though i did threaten him that if he let our bags go to anyone aside a star porter hed end up with a VERY angry wife lol 

Simple solution, give your husband kid duty and you take luggage duty. ?

Because I am already in a self induced food coma (still good for more 
alcohol though), my last post today will be a highlight reel of sail away . 
I can tell you currently we are rocking and rolling with strong winds and high seas.

Pretty confident there will be no Aqua 80s show tonight.

B1F70598-34D5-43FC-8EE8-5819318E9DE3.thumb.jpeg.b87cab3bb0765b35890711a62c1c5cf0.jpeg
Got him to do a selfie with me

163E2A0E-F4F7-4D0B-B165-D4B6A6497AD2.thumb.jpeg.e7433e80d342569ce9dd0c238aa22a7a.jpeg

middle of magnified circle is my hubster waving at the Port of Miami camera..?

D14A25EF-B541-4AFE-9114-67E94E735243.thumb.jpeg.a6e1bf4a6d5c4cb374e23c19d79e7102.jpeg

lots of money sitting idle

A1CC8F8F-DDE5-41C7-90AD-9CCF5BCD9682.thumb.jpeg.885fb182232e88b38af5b656a4586715.jpeg

miami beach

49617797-5104-4E82-891D-901CC673BC9C.thumb.jpeg.7d2d94ff37ab45bbb65da3b9cdb313ba.jpeg

Miami is just a memory now, see you right back here in a week?

more blogging tomorrow.  I swear I will!

8 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

@Pookie how do you find the motion in your suite with the wind that you mentioned tonight?

Currently rocking back and forth gently.  Awesome for sleeping. The divider between us and the next cabin was squeaking extremely loudly so we went out there and stuffed a towel between the handrail and the divider. Problem temporarily solved until they can either weld or replace?

Royal has gone above and beyond our expectations at this point!

i had asked that the room filters be changed and they assured us 3 times, different people each time, that they were down. Daughter has severe asthma.

Pre cruise I had asked for two feather body pillows, granted.  They are awesome!

Asked for binoculars, 3 were waiting!

i did bring a hammock, we asked if we could put it up and were told no.  No big deal to us..  I’m sure it’s for safety reasons but also they probably don’t want their ship looking like the Clampets have moved in. We already look like Jed, Granny and Ellie May....?

Being as there are three of us, we asked for a third lounger and they brought one of the ones from the pool area.  
Allan asked if we wanted snacks for the Aqua 80s show and they brought an entire tray of SunChips, Lays and Doritos?

Everyone was all seated in the Aqua theatre and then they cancelled the show.  If we would have been in the crowd, I probably would have been irritated by that.

breakfast will be here within the half hour.  I’m STARVING???

Never underestimate the power of redneck ingenuity.  The divider to the next suite squeaks at incredible decimals.  Waiting until a decent hour to let Allan know and see if something can be done.  

It sounds like a nest of about 27 baby pterodactyls chirping in hungry angst..

0D1CC096-EE90-4446-AD46-C1EC21F1E413.jpeg

Recap of day two:

Pure unadulterated FUN.

Breakfast and Starbucks brought to suite. Went walkabout, shopped, inspected several bars for alcohol content throughout the day, swimming, lounging on the afterdeck ( suite sun deck, which has been changed to only include sky, star and pinnacle members, had a Super Mario sighting, Playmakers lunch, hot dog for second lunch, lounged on our balcony with cocktails brought to the suite, and dinner at Giovannis where Allan came to chat, then another cake showed up for Delaney.  The waitstaff all greeted us by name.

WHAT A GREAT DAY!

My thoughts were caught by the mountain of food entering the suite while I was blogging and also distracted by the fact that I was ravenous and wondering How Could That Possibly Be, which caused me to forget to add some visual bling to the last post.

My focus is now back to its laser sharpness having had breakfast and a couple of bellinis.  I did ask they they ease up on the amount of food.  I hate to see waste. 
Here are some shots from yesterday and a few from this morning:

B4F52C5A-9C29-478D-96AC-7D08E07F2D7C.jpeg

5CDCA6AB-C1B6-4C97-A33A-89B2C58C65DD.jpeg

96054AD7-71DB-4304-8D98-042DFC078E79.jpeg

AA3FFD80-0AC8-43B2-A02D-DB1E0C4D616F.jpeg

1918A23B-E1A3-4E1C-B7F0-81064B8743A7.jpeg

75E0A971-9482-4BD8-91C1-CBDBE6849914.jpeg

3149E8E5-7D37-461F-9144-F0677B9A5038.jpeg

9E089EC8-95B7-4838-9A16-10BE6AE036EE.jpeg

AF68A865-E1E9-4954-9F9B-5F70064FD6B7.jpeg

DE641E17-1EA5-4476-8306-D97A85CE06B9.jpeg

5 hours ago, Pookie said:

Recap of day two:

Pure unadulterated FUN.

Breakfast and Starbucks brought to suite. Went walkabout, shopped, inspected several bars for alcohol content throughout the day, swimming, lounging on the afterdeck ( suite sun deck, which has been changed to only include sky, star and pinnacle members, had a Super Mario sighting, Playmakers lunch, hot dog for second lunch, lounged on our balcony with cocktails brought to the suite, and dinner at Giovannis where Allan came to chat, then another cake showed up for Delaney.  The waitstaff all greeted us by name.

WHAT A GREAT DAY!

What an amazing day!!! Question did they deliver cocktails to your suite? Or did you venture out and get them and bring them back? 

Wowww TWO cakes!! That is so awesome! I was hoping the genie could arrange a small Plain white two tiered cake That we can decorate for our wedding reception in the suite. I was sure but I’ve seen so many celebratory cakes without any requests that I’m sure if I tell them in advance they could manage. Yay congrats Delaney! 

2 hours ago, Booscruize said:

What an amazing day!!! Question did they deliver cocktails to your suite? Or did you venture out and get them and bring them back? 

We have a standing order for mimosas and bellinis every morning at 6:30 and before dinner cocktails. Hubs likes the tropical old fashions and I like Reisling. Delaney likes Shirley temples. I have them bring them with no ice in them. But they keep us stocked with ice so we add it when we were ready.  Today returning from Labadee, we stopped at the Schooner bar for those items, they weren’t quite open yet but they made us jack and diet, captain and diet and Miss D’s Shirley.  Got back to the suite and our regular drinks were waiting, sans ice, with a bucket of ice next to them!  So incredibly spoiled!

Allan is absolutely a dream!  We already had gifts and he brought more!  They correspond to the things we said we liked ON THE SURVEY!  At the start of our cruise we gave him a bag of Michigan made and Michigan items.  Also quite a bit of candy.  Future Allan families note that he has a sweet tooth!

7296F0A3-BD98-4F81-B1AF-5915F526E6C3.jpeg