Entertainment reservations on Quantum Class

KWofPerth

Hello RCBloggers. Assistance kindly requested.

I've never sailed on Quantum (or Oasis) Class. Approximately at what point before my cruise will I be able to make reservations for shows in the Theatre and/or Two70 ?  I have been checking my Cruise Planner and nothing is showing as yet. The cruise sails in 79 days. I have been checking under the Onboard Activities tab, is this correct?

Some further advice - how quickly do reservations generally book out? I am sailing out of Singapore if that makes a difference.

I am waiting to make entertainment reservations before going ahead and booking MyTime dining times, which is currently available to book in the Cruise Planner. Thanks in advance for any help, cheers guys!

54 minutes ago, KWofPerth said:

Approximately at what point before my cruise will I be able to make reservations for shows in the Theatre and/or Two70 ?

Blog indicates about 75-60 days prior. This checks with our upcoming cruise on Harmony; which opened up reservations (from what I noticed) on day 64. It may have been sooner, but I didn't see the option prior to that. I received and email when it opened on that day as well. 

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2016/07/23/first-time-cruisers-when-can-i-prebook-entertainment-dining-and-more-my-royal-caribbean#targetText=If entertainment is available to,days prior to a cruise.

1 hour ago, KWofPerth said:

I have been checking under the Onboard Activities tab, is this correct?

Yes! That's where I found it ? 

We delayed booking most of our reservations (because we were still debating over the Key...) And we booked everything around 28 days prior. I'd say we got our preferred time for about 50% of the selections. We ended up going with The Key. I'll let you know if it makes any difference once onboard as far as reservations are concerned. On our first Oasis Class cruise, we didn't reserve anything in advance (I don't even remember if it was an option in 2015). But ultimately we never had any issues showing up 10-15 minutes prior and getting okay seats. (We were on a January sailing though, and the ship was rather empty). 

1 hour ago, KWofPerth said:

I am waiting to make entertainment reservations before going ahead and booking MyTime dining times

If you really want to, you can look at the Cruise Compass for show times, and use that to pre-book your dining. And then if somethings changes, you should still be able to go back and change your dinner plans. (and worst case, if your preferred dinning time isn't available, you can just change it onboard. I doubt you will have problems)

For the Quantum class & Oasis class: All of the shows that require reservations will be listed under the Onboard Activities tab starting @ about 60-75 days before the cruise.
Keep checking your cruise and planner to see if any shows are available to reserve pre-cruise.

Also reservations for the shows can be done once you have boarded the ship on embarkation day.

If you forget to reserve shoes you can still see the show but you have to arrive 10-15 minutes before the beginning of the show because once the doors to the show close you will not be able to enter.

if you have a smartphone or tablet you should download the Royal Caribbean International app now and then you can view the cruise compass for your cruise before your cruise. The app is free to download, and can be used on any royal Caribbean ship without purchasing a WiFi package. You can make all of your reservations through the app just as if you were making reservations on the cruise planner using a laptop or computer 

Mytime Dining times can be done before you reserve  the days and times of the shows that you wanna attend. 

9 hours ago, Noonstar said:

Thanks for the tip Bakerette. I didn’t know about the app. Sounds useful.

Your totally welcome. The app is very useful so that people can view the daily compass for each day before they get to their stateroom and you can also add activities that you would like to do on any of the days that they are being presented.

Also you can made reservation for dinner and for shows (that require reservations) right in the app. 

Ships that suggest show reservations are the quantum class and oasis class.

1 minute ago, Francis9901 said:

Oh I see, any reason why we can't reserve seats in advance? Really puzzles me

In Asia (at least in China), they sell VIP seats for Starwater for around USD 29 and they either have that or nothing in the Cruise Planner so I’m guessing it’s to sell these VIP seats.

Ovation is similar with reservations only for Pixels in Two70° available.  Nothing in the theater requires reservations.  

Anthem is the only Quantum class with a Broadway type show and it does allow reservations.  That is the only Quantum class theater show with reservations.  

Royal must have determined they are not required.

• 1 month later...
On 10/22/2019 at 10:00 PM, BaikG said:

For Quantum of the Seas, you do not prebook any of the shows. All the shows in the Royal Theatre are open seating. The only show which requires a booking is Starwater (in Two70) and they will have a box office set up onboard on embarkation day to make bookings.

Thanks for that info BaikG. Whereabouts is the box office located? In Two70* or somewhere else?

For our Feb 2020 sailing on Anthem we were able to book The Gift, Spectra's and We Will Rock You at around 70-73 (don't remember exactly) days out on cruise planner.  The shows don't show up on the app to book for me, is that normal?  Also, at what point can we book some of the activities that require reservations such as NorthStar, FloRider and RipCord?  The app shows times for these but there is no option to reserve and they are not in the cruise planner.

We are sailing Anthem at the end of December and didn't book the cruise until early October.

Able to book Spectra and We Will Rock You with no issues.

Very limited availability for Ifly and Northstar (only able to book 2 of our 4 passengers) so hope we can work that out on the ship.