Breakfast room service Mimosa

Marlena

Great question! 

If no one knows definitively, I would be more than happy to find out by ordering it on our next sailing ? 

My guess; no it wouldn't be included. (see below)

"Package does not include room service, mini bar items and souvenir glassware, specialty beers as listed on bar menus, or super premium category beverages above $12."

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/beverage-packages/deluxe-beverage-packages-cruises.pdf

"Room service and minibar items are not included in either package."

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/category/category/unlimited-alcohol-packages#targetText=Royal Caribbean has one unlimited,sparking and bottled still water.

Champagne is wine, so stop at a liquor store (or walgreens, depending on the state etc) bring a bottle or two onboard with you as your allowed in stateroom wine, chill them in the fridge overnight then just order orange juice on your breakfast card and, voila, start your day off with a nice little taste of vacation.  Done it several times.  Careful opening that cork!

34 minutes ago, dr martini said:

Champagne is wine, so stop at a liquor store (or walgreens, depending on the state etc) bring a bottle or two onboard with you as your allowed in stateroom wine, chill them in the fridge overnight then just order orange juice on your breakfast card and, voila, start your day off with a nice little taste of vacation.  Done it several times.  Careful opening that cork!

I got the deluxe package so will not bother brining anything on board. I'll just walk to the windjammer first thing in the am.

1 hour ago, S0nny said:

We prefer champagne over red or white wine anyways! If you have an AMEX card and book with it, you’ll even find a bottle of chilled champagne waiting for you in your room. Perfect for those sail away parties from your balcony. 

Is this something new? I've previously used my AMEX card to book through my TA and have never received a chilled bottle of champagne??

20 hours ago, darketower said:

Is this something new?

The free champagne has been around at least since we booked our last cruise to Cuba in Nov 2018 on RCCL. On this November sailing we got and extra $200 OBC just for using the AMEX, PLUS the champagne. You DO have to purchase either through the AMEX Travel website, or an affiliated TA. This offer applies to AMEX Platinum and Centurion card members. We booked all our travel through our AMEX Affiliated TA who secured us the benefit. 

https://thepointsguy.com/guide/amex-platinum-cruise-privileges-program/

The other option is to pre-purchase the bottle in your cruise-planner before booking. Usually you can save 20-30% off onboard prices. It's still 3x the offboard prices... but I suppose if you're not getting the drinking package (or don't want to go to the bar and don't want to pay for room service as the OP indicated) it may not be the worst option!

• 5 weeks later...