Royal Caribbean Group Cruise Agenda

My wife and I have signed up for our first Royal Caribbean Blog Group Cruise (Oct 2020). I know it is a long way off but we were already looking at excursion options and other activities. We know that the group cruises will sometime feature activities that are exclusive for the group. We are curious to know if any of these are known in advance so that we minimize the chance that we will book something else at the same time.

5 minutes ago, davidlap said:

My wife and I have signed up for our first Royal Caribbean Blog Group Cruise (Oct 2020). I know it is a long way off but we were already looking at excursion options and other activities. We know that the group cruises will sometime feature activities that are exclusive for the group. We are curious to know if any of these are known in advance so that we minimize the chance that we will book something else at the same time.

It will be quite a while before they announce any activities (they have not announced any for the Freedom Group Cruise at the end of December yet). What I would do is book what you like (although it's still early and you have plenty of time), making note of any cancellation policies (if booked through Royal Caribbean they are easily canceled).  See you on the Group Cruise!!!!

Hi @davidlap ! Glad to hear you will be joining us on this group cruise!

We won't have any group activities announced until after final payment date. We have to wait for final payment date because it provides the best indication at a headcount and who will be in the group with us.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Hi @davidlap ! Glad to hear you will be joining us on this group cruise!

We won't have any group activities announced until after final payment date. We have to wait for final payment date because it provides the best indication at a headcount and who will be in the group with us.

We’re so looking forward to this New England\Canadian itinerary and it is also our first group cruise.   Also looking forward to sail away from the heliport at the bow of Brilliance, I haven’t had that view since I got out of the Navy.

We probably won't book any excursions this time out there again - all of the ports are right in our wheelhouse for fun bars, great restaurants, and (in the case of St John), incredible, private little art galleries to peruse.  We just like to walk around and get our Canadian on in Halifax and St John. We pretty much gorge in Portland.  I'm pretty meh on Bar Harbor, but we never got to explore the little town last time, so we might do that.

18 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

OMG!  I looked at the menu to Duck Fat after @FManke's recommendation and "gorge" is the perfect word.  Between Duck Fat and The Holy Donut, I am going to have to do some major walking to walk off the calories!

It is possible. We hit all the places I mentioned. I wouldn't say we "gorged," we like to call it "grazing." Walked a lot in between including nightly walks around the ship. Ate basically whatever we wanted, in moderation and came home only gaining 5lbs heavier combined. Mission accomplished!

On 10/14/2019 at 10:12 PM, davidlap said:

Can't wait to sail with you guys!

We will start to have some plans  like pre stay and such once we get into 2020.  But as @Matt stated.  We have learned over the years that its really hard to plan some events in advance because the number of guest can change drastically right at final payment.  Also, please know that I have to work with the events team on board the ship for many items and they will not even talk about most plans until a couple months before the cruise.