CocoCay floating mat

Hello, friends!

If I were to plunk down the $12.99 for a floating mat, do I have to lug it around all day at CocoCay? Or can I use it, turn it in, get something to eat, and grab another one later? 

In other words, am I renting one specific mat or am I purchasing the ability to use a mat at any time during the day?

Thanks!

4 hours ago, kimberussell said:

Hello, friends!

If I were to plunk down the $12.99 for a floating mat, do I have to lug it around all day at CocoCay? Or can I use it, turn it in, get something to eat, and grab another one later? 

In other words, am I renting one specific mat or am I purchasing the ability to use a mat at any time during the day?

Thanks!

I agree with Matt.  When we are at Coco Cay, we grab chairs by an umbrella first thing and dump our stuff.  There is a nice cove right next to the floating mat stand.  We have a phone sized lanyard so we can take our seapass/Cash with us while leaving everything behind very safely, including snorkel equipment.  That allows us to walk to lunch or take a dip in the pool, etc.  So you should be able to leave normal water stuff behind without fear of theft.

2 hours ago, kimberussell said:

Okay thanks! I'm Jersey shore-trained to never leave anything behind EVER. (seriously, EVER) But I like the idea of establishing a base for the 2 of us.

Have you every seen KISS bags.  That is what I use to keep my things in.  It stands for Keep your stuff safe.  I have a beach bag size and it has a chain in it so you can close with a padlock and then chain it to the chair, umbrella, etc.  I love having a home base and not having to put stuff in a locker or worry about leaving it unattended.  I figure if someone is walking around with a bag attached to the lounger it would be pretty suspicious!  I have used it for DCL, at Aquatica, Discovery Cove, beaches with chairs, even my local pool.